Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 2016 Camaro

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

I think most people are 50-50 on the looks. They will grow on you. I'm not a big fan of the rear ends/tail lights. Then again, I didn't care for the 14-15's either. The headlights on the 6th gen look a little weird, too. Not as aggressive as the 5th gens for sure. The car is on the right platform though and has all the nice modern tech. I wouldn't be opposed to owning a ZL1, but I would never be truly happy with it knowing the styling doesn't excite me.

I literally turn around and look at my 2010 SS every time I park it. I just think it looks great despite always being a dirty black car with dirty chrome wheels. One thing that turned me onto the 5th gens is that working on them is lightyears easier than any 3rd or 4th gen fbody. Headers slipping down from the top, clearance all around the block to get to stuff, true dual exhaust setup from the factory, etc. Plus having the infamous LS platform is an obvious perk.

My next car will likely be a V2 as I crave more power and tech for a DD and already own fbods to keep me broke.

1994 Trans Am Under the knife - but it's alive!!! (5.3 LM7/CPT 60e/QP 9") BUILD THREAD
    2009 G8 GXP M6, full exhaust, catch can, cai, stereo
    1975 Olds 98 455 burnout machine/panty dropper | 1985 C10 new project

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by SSlowBoat View Post
    Needs a @Cahall trans, shifts sounded sloppy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    I was thinking that as well! Something is up with that trans tune or something. Not impressed with that 1-2 shift in the least, but maybe I'm biased.

1994 Trans Am Under the knife - but it's alive!!! (5.3 LM7/CPT 60e/QP 9") BUILD THREAD
    2009 G8 GXP M6, full exhaust, catch can, cai, stereo
    1975 Olds 98 455 burnout machine/panty dropper | 1985 C10 new project

It has the new 8-speed. Not sure if they (tuners) have it figured out yet. My friend Mike (New Era) is amazing with the 6-speed auto's, he can't wait to get his hands on the 8-speed. There's a LOT of stuff you have to tweak in the tune to get the shifting jut right for street/strip. He has his 2016 ordered, not sure if it's in yet.

Here's his 2016 ATS-V with nothing more than a tune.

It went 12.06 at 114 bone stock a little while prior. It picked up .71 and 9 mph. I'm sure his Camaro will respond good as well. I would expect his Camaro to run a low 12 initially and then a mid/high 11 with nothing more than a tune.
    '94 coupe, 10.15 at 133.65 414" LT1, 4500 stall, n/a, pump gas, mufflers, street trim
    '15 Z/28, Red Hot, AC, Autocross beast

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Chris P. Bacon
    Vehicle
    1994 Firebird Formula

the size of the 5th gens killed them for me, driving them they feel like complete pigs. i remember driving a '14 SS for the first time and laughing at how much slower it felt than my GTP i had at the time. I haven't driven the '16 yet on the smaller platform but on the 5th gens i don't think it's something i could have got used to.

I much prefer how simple and raw the 4th gen cars are over the 5th gen.

'94 Formula 6spd
    If you come across a cobra in the wild, wipe it off and apologize.

I had a conversation when my C6 retuned with the guy who owned the shop, he's been tuning since the early 90s when the LT1s were brand new and progressed to each new plat form since. He was saying the new GM stuff, especially the A8 is way more advanced than anything they have seen prior. I remember when the 6 speeds came out, some guys were putting after market torque converters in and slowing the cars down due to the trans tuning. Far cry from the old 4L60 days.
    93 T/A Hard Top l 398" l Dart Pro-1s + Single Plane l N2O Outlet Spray Bar l 24X SD Tuned l Street twin + M6 l 12 Bolt 3.90 l Fikses

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345