Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

View Poll Results: Which one?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stay FI

3 60.00%
  • Go NA

1 20.00%
  • The bad choice

1 20.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    "Project Storm Trooper"

Status
    Name
    Tony
    Vehicle
    93 StormTrooper Z28

Default Project Left turn?

well, lately i have been doing some thinking and talking to others and im possibly thinking about changing up my build. and i have come up with 3 options, one of which i think will be shot down in a hurry.

Option 1 -
    keep on the current path and finish the current FI build with an unknown completion time frame. living some wear that has NO car scene really adds a headache/stress/loss of motivation to trying to get it finished/tuned

Option 2 -
    Drop the FI, bump the CR with new head gaskets, possible new cam, tune and have the car running by the end of the summer.
    living some wear that has NO car scene really adds a headache to trying to get it finished/tuned
    Sell all FI parts and cam=fund the finish of the build

Option 3 -
    Full part out, and more then likely regret it in a few years.

being truly honest i think a few years ago i bit off way more then i could handle and have been lying to my self since 2012. for all you FI guys out there i have the utmost respect for what you have done

Official Member of $30k Club ​- Work in progress
    1993 Z28- 24x EFI, Clayton Racing 383ci, F1a w/FMIC, AFR 210's, LE Custom cam, LE LT4 Intake/heads, 80# injectors, 255lph/340lph pumps, T56 Conversion, 9" 4.11 w/spool, LPP LT w/Borla, Full UMI suspension....
    1987 Iroc-Z - Stock Summer DD

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

Option 1 first and foremost. With that motor, and that blower, it'll be freak nasty. Option 3 after that because option 2 will mean cracking open said perfect motor and changing the dynamics of things, and will leave you thirsting for more in the long run whereas with option 3 you'll have officially sold out and turned in your man card, so the only thing you'll be thirsting for is another Zima or similar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Stout View Post
    I would try to work my neck muscles but I'm not invited to the LS guy parties.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fastbird For This Post:

The FABRICATOR!

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1985 Monte Carlo SS

Don't go backwards. Just get it done. Option one for me man...
    Chris
    1985 Monte Carlo SS
    Mods: 9:1 383 LT1, Ported Trick Flow heads, D1SC Procharger, 4L80E, 3.50 9"
    Check out the M122 MCSS build thread here!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to firebird_1995 For This Post:

VIP Member

Status
    Name
    KYLE
    Vehicle
    95 MQBM Z28

Yup.. get that thing together and work the bugs out of it and get a solid tune on it. .. The feeling of 700 whp will change your mind once you get it all together. I've had that feeling before , it sucks to have a car down and spending money With no enjoyment.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dawdaw For This Post:

"Project Storm Trooper"

Status
    Name
    Tony
    Vehicle
    93 StormTrooper Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Fastbird View Post
    Option 1 first and foremost. With that motor, and that blower, it'll be freak nasty. Option 3 after that because option 2 will mean cracking open said perfect motor and changing the dynamics of things, and will leave you thirsting for more in the long run whereas with option 3 you'll have officially sold out and turned in your man card, so the only thing you'll be thirsting for is another Zima or similar.
    As far as "cracking open the motor" i don't see much of a problem doing it, the bottom end was built by Clayton Racing and i did the top end. also its been sitting for almost 3 years so who knows what it looks like on the inside. the intake have never been bolted down and due to the clutch bell i have i need to drop the motor to anyways to put my clutch in.

Tuning is my biggest headache, i have a base line loaded in the ECM for start up that BPAutomotive hooked me up with. but after that my best option is towing the car 900 miles back to Chicago or OKC for a good tune. with out naming any one i have had "big name" tuners tell me it would be too much effort to tune the car. <----that right there is a huge motivation killer. but just about every name known in the LT/LS tuning industry has been contacted and basically the same answer from all. trying to get direction/help from some is about the same as beating my head against a wall. So i sit here with the though "why spend the rest of the money when tuners tell me to fuck off? Why not just part it and be done with the ass holes?" i have ZERO knowledge in tuning so i am at a massive road block. if i decided to switch to NA, i could at least get some tuner help.

and for there being NO car scene at all, i mean this. i cant even get people to come hang out and BS wile i work on my car. so again, with no interest what so ever, my car just sits in my garage ageing.

1993 Z28- 24x EFI, Clayton Racing 383ci, F1a w/FMIC, AFR 210's, LE Custom cam, LE LT4 Intake/heads, 80# injectors, 255lph/340lph pumps, T56 Conversion, 9" 4.11 w/spool, LPP LT w/Borla, Full UMI suspension....

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Im curious what tuners are telling u that. Plenty of boosted cars here... MOST of them tuned... some by the owners... others by shops... one making 700 just tuned last weekend...

Sounds like u want to hear is tell u to go na with the tone ir writting in "why spend the rest of my money when yhe tuners tell me to fuck off? Why not just part it out and be done with the assholes..."

If thats how u feel... then ur saying ur willing to make ur decision based on what the "assholes" are telling u, why would u listen to is (although ive been called an asshole, so maybe ull listen to me, lol). Its ur project and ur money... plenty have been where u are... only u know what u desire.

For the record... i say... put down the aquarium... put down the long range gun... focus on the car and finish it...

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

"Project Storm Trooper"

Status
    Name
    Tony
    Vehicle
    93 StormTrooper Z28

Quote Originally Posted by popo8 View Post
    Im curious what tuners are telling u that. Plenty of boosted cars here... MOST of them tuned... some by the owners... others by shops... one making 700 just tuned last weekend...

Sounds like u want to hear is tell u to go na with the tone ir writting in "why spend the rest of my money when yhe tuners tell me to fuck off? Why not just part it out and be done with the assholes..."

If thats how u feel... then ur saying ur willing to make ur decision based on what the "assholes" are telling u, why would u listen to is (although ive been called an asshole, so maybe ull listen to me, lol). Its ur project and ur money... plenty have been where u are... only u know what u desire.

For the record... i say... put down the aquarium... put down the long range gun... focus on the car and finish it...
    ill have to see if i still have the email traffic saved for the ones i have talked to.

and no, my mind is not made up on the route i want to go, thus the reason for this thread to get input. and yes you are on the east coast where there are plenty of people to tune. but i really dont want to have to trailer my car across country, but it looks like that is my only option.

and as for saying to ditch my other hobbies that make me happy, keep me from loosing my mind on my car and are my escape after the BS and stress i deal with on a daily basis at work.....that is an asshole thing to say. be the same as some one telling you to drop your Ferrets.....

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle

U came here asking. I answered. On that note... good luck...

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

"Project Storm Trooper"

Status
    Name
    Tony
    Vehicle
    93 StormTrooper Z28

Quote Originally Posted by popo8 View Post
    U came here asking. I answered. On that note... good luck...
    i understand that, and also appreciate what you do for this community, but still no reason to take a shot at other hobbies.

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle

No "shot"... just telling u to focus. I have nothing more to say to u or this topic. Good luck whatever u chose to do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast