Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    InActive Member

Status
    Name
    Jeff
    Vehicle
    2014 Traverse 2LT

A mobile app/site is in the works. The site is mobile responsive, but it certainly needs some work. You can however use the site to post pictures from your mobile device to your profile so no more worrying about transferring photos off the phone to the computer to a different service.

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Quote Originally Posted by jeffpipas View Post
    ...No monetary gain on this end. Just a web developer building a car website. The site is free to use - and always will be. If you want/need me to be sponsor so everyone feels kosher - I can absolutely do that - just point me in that direction on who to talk too. Don't want to violate any rules/etiquette. ....
    Honestly, if there is NO monetary gain, I am ok with no need for sponsorship unless anyone (admin or members) has any issues with that. I do not believe we have anyone else on the site offering anything like that, so there should be no issues with competition here as well.

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

Banned

Status
    Name
    Brenda
    Vehicle
    1997 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by jaysz2893 View Post
    Car domain got really buggy and full of Ads and popups. I haven't checked my F quick in years. I don't seem to have time to keep up with that stuff. The one the op posted does look nice , good luck with it.
    x2

Banned

Status
    Name
    Brenda
    Vehicle
    1997 Z28 M6

A mobile app/site is in the works. The site is mobile responsive, but it certainly needs some work. You can however use the site to post pictures from your mobile device to your profile so no more worrying about transferring photos off the phone to the computer to a different service.
    Theres so many social platforms out there now I usually end up sticking to IG/FB. Just remembered I had this place too!
    Yea...making it mobile would be a lot more handy. Since everyone pretty much lives on their phones already

5. The Following User Says Thank You to CamaroGirl For This Post:

InActive Member

Status
    Name
    Jeff
    Vehicle
    2014 Traverse 2LT

The site is mobile friendly - so you can post pictures directly from your phone after you take them (a full-fledge mobile app is in the works). One of the benefits of a site like CarProfile is that you can now begin to centralize and store all this data in a place that you can carry around with you.

When you upload a picture, it gets its own short-url that you can use to embed in any forum/online. Adding parts to your CarProfile is a simple process, and soon you'll be able to create builds.

I'm also working on an OBDII logging application that will scan codes, and do more data logging - and post that information (in realtime) directly to your CarProfile page.

Might those features persuade you to try it out? I'm interested in learning about peoples "car problems" and how I can solve them with technology. Would love anyones feedback - on the site, or otherwise.

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

I'm also working on an OBDII logging application that will scan codes, and do more data logging - and post that information (in realtime) directly to your CarProfile page.

Might those features persuade you to try it out? I'm interested in learning about peoples "car problems" and how I can solve them with technology. Would love anyones feedback - on the site, or otherwise.
    I think that would def get you some more members...

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

InActive Member

Status
    Name
    Jeff
    Vehicle
    2014 Traverse 2LT

As far as the OBDII app, I've got a "working" prototype on Android - works with an ELM327 dongle (cheep on Amazon). It's got some bugs, as its my first native application - but it does the job if you know how to work it.

Any beta testers willing to give it a spin? I could package it up and get people links to install it. I'd have to make it more "generic" - as of right now - it only logs against my VIN. But it can log most all of the standard PIDs (speed, rpm, maf, etc.), and spits out any codes you're throwing. It also will track your route and plot it on a map. You can use it to share your drive "real-time" - or save it for historical purposes (I can have it toggle if location is sent or not). I'm still working on "math" for MPG and fuel efficiency, but the framework is all there. Here's an example of some of the data I'm able to plot.

Screen Shot 2015-03-26 at 4.04.29 🌄.png

InActive Member

Status
    Name
    Jeff
    Vehicle
    2014 Traverse 2LT

And here's a "in-development view" of what the trip overview currently looks like:

Screen Shot 2015-03-26 at 4.21.52 🌄.png

Banned

Status
    Name
    Brenda
    Vehicle
    1997 Z28 M6

man, that's cool.

InActive Member

Status
    Name
    Jeff
    Vehicle
    2014 Traverse 2LT

Thanks. I think it's pretty cool as well. I've got a working Andriod app, that connects to a cheap ~$9 ELM327 OBDII dongle http://amzn.com/B00N2K6M2A. It (will eventually) connect to your CarProfile account, and store/log the information back to your profile for you to view afterwards (or even in realtime if you've got a tablet or something like that - or if you wanted someone to "watch" you took a trip). It's "location aware" - meaning it's not exact geo-coords, but just enough to get the accurate route you traveled (can be turned off).

I'm looking for people with Android phones who might want to test it out with me - there's still some bugs and the "pairing" with the OBDII could be done better, but for the most part its all there. Any takers? I may just even throw in the OBDII connector if you're willing and close by (Troy, MI)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast