Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Threaded View

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Robert Bryant
    Vehicle
    1994 Firebird Formula

I tested all the solenoids except the PCS, will have to dig up a 9V battery for that one, but I did check the resistance between the PCM pins that go to it (no direct 12V from pin E, only gets signal from PCM).

The 3-2 is the newest solenoid since I replaced it back in 2011 when I first encountered the issues. The PWM solenoid click doesn't sound nearly as stout as the 3-2. They are 2 different manufacturers, the PWM has been in there since before I got the car.

Here's the kicker- the TCC solenoid (built into the harness) does NOT click for me. I can't find a definitive answer as to whether it SHOULD make an audible click, but I'd at least think so. I tested 1-2, 2-3, 3-2, TCC, PWM with IGN239 circuit hot with PCM disconnected and used a small wire to ground the PCM connector pins at each solenoid's PCM location. To eliminate the engine harness I went through the case connector on pins E and T straight off the battery. Again, the TCC solenoid does NOT click. Its resistance is still at 24 ohms after this testing through PCM connectors and direct to battery.

Frank must be on vacation, had hoped to hear from him.
    "Doc Opticus" '94 Formula M6 hardtop: 377RWHP, 371RWTQ My 93-94 Opti mod: http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt...-94-folks.html