Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Thread: Cali is shaking

MAD ABOUT LTX's

Status
    Name
    Mike
    Vehicle
    1993 Camaro Z/28 A4 2006 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 1970 Firebird Espirit, 1972 Camaro Sport Coupe

Default Cali is shaking

Well things have been shaking lately in the bay with the 6.0 quake centered just 11 miles away I woke up about 2/3 through it to find my wife standing in our bedroom doorway and all I could do was start giggling because the first thought that came to my mind was "Ill save me", she wanted to know why that was my reaction later on.
    My dad was pulling one of his allnighters and we were fortunate that he grabbed my 50 gallon fish tank and held on the whole way through it and got about 15 gallons splashed on him. We didnt really get much damage (gas was off for 2 days) but there have been quite a few aftershocks that have her unable to sleep well and the quake really messed up her Walgreens store because its only about 3 miles from where it happened and broke off a sprinkler inside where it rained in the store for 2 hours before it could be turned off. Napa got hit hard but they along with everybody else is trying to get back to normal and the mayor of American canyon who we know has been really busy and still has yet to hear from our governor who is too busy to worry about such little things as earthquakes when they are busy trying to find new ways of raising taxes. My wife is worried that this is just the start of a really big one coming our way and all I can say is I hope not. if you live around here sound off and let us know what happened to you.
    If you don't stand behind our MIlitary then feel free to stand in front of them. <---- This is my oldest son (PROUD DAD HERE) Mike (just plain mad) Madman337 1993 Camaro Z/28 A4 all stock other than a muffler and LCAs @292K+ miles. 2006 Chevrolet Avalanche. 1970 Pontiac Firebird. 1972 Camaro, 1994 Corvette, ​17 Fusion Sport AWD V6 Twin Turbo

Lurker

Status

I had to work in Berkeley and stayed in San Pablo for the week. Was kinda hoping I'd feel some sort of rumble just to say I've experienced it....no such luck. I'm sure this is the wrong way to look at it though. Being from Florida, I can tell you that "experiencing" a hurricane is something I try to avoid. lol

Natural disasters suck, mother nature's a bitch, lol.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to OutCast For This Post:

3.4L to LT1 Swapper

Status
    Name
    Brian Meissen
    Vehicle
    1994 Camaro "Red Alert"; 2022 Camaro LT1 RS

Stay safe!

- Brian Meissen -
    "Magic Man" - LTxTech
    Owner - Michigan FBody Association

1994 Chevrolet Camaro "Red Alert" [ LT1 Transplant ]
    2022 Chevrolet Camaro LT1 RS "Cherry Bomb 6.2"

5. The Following User Says Thank You to meissen For This Post:

MAD ABOUT LTX's

Status
    Name
    Mike
    Vehicle
    1993 Camaro Z/28 A4 2006 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 1970 Firebird Espirit, 1972 Camaro Sport Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by OutCast View Post
    I had to work in Berkeley and stayed in San Pablo for the week. Was kinda hoping I'd feel some sort of rumble just to say I've experienced it....no such luck. I'm sure this is the wrong way to look at it though. Being from Florida, I can tell you that "experiencing" a hurricane is something I try to avoid. lol

Natural disasters suck, mother nature's a bitch, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by meissen View Post
    Stay safe!

Yeah I dont think I would want to be in a hurricane and kind of prefer the shaking to being washed or blown away LOL
    We are in a house that has earthquake bracing like a top fuelers cage, Jeneens grandmother originally owned this place and spent 30k in 1970s money having it all done so every where else may fall down vut this place is going no where (other than the fish tank).
    If you don't stand behind our MIlitary then feel free to stand in front of them. <---- This is my oldest son (PROUD DAD HERE) Mike (just plain mad) Madman337 1993 Camaro Z/28 A4 all stock other than a muffler and LCAs @292K+ miles. 2006 Chevrolet Avalanche. 1970 Pontiac Firebird. 1972 Camaro, 1994 Corvette, ​17 Fusion Sport AWD V6 Twin Turbo

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Be safe cali members....

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

8. The Following User Says Thank You to popo8 For This Post:

felt it up here in Santa Rosa.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to santa_rosa_lt1 For This Post:

InActive Member

Status

Quote Originally Posted by santa_rosa_lt1 View Post
    felt it up here in Santa Rosa.
    Holy crap, you're still alive!
    John