Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thanks man, I drive it around a bit to different car meets over on the West Side of town. I don't street race the car, the fact it makes it to a meet and drives back home is good enough for me.
    93 T/A Hard Top l 398" l Dart Pro-1s + Single Plane l N2O Outlet Spray Bar l 24X SD Tuned l Street twin + M6 l 12 Bolt 3.90 l Fikses

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Neil350 For This Post:

InActive Member

Status

Yea I've always been a fan of your car. Always thought of it as one of the cleanest LT1 TA on the interwebz. Can't wait to see how this thread goes. Just glad to see you aren't going LS. That thought once crossed my mind. But to much is invested in the lt1 now to turn back.

Now: m6, 24x conversion, full bolt ons, fullish suspension
    In the works: forged 355, le2, th400, 9", direct port 200 shot. Ton of weight reduction!

Thanks man, the cars o.k, getting there. But lot nicer cars on here than mine.

Worked on the motor with Tiago over the weekend and picked the car up from the paint shop. The engine bay is done, also put the motor back together and built up the UMI K member. I don't have pics but we put the Stef's pan on, got the accessory bracket on with the p.s pump, a/c comp, tensioner and mocked up the Vacuum Pump today. Also put the ATI Dampner back on. In the process bent the engine stand.

It did fight us on some minor things, we had a pan gasket from Felpro, I guess it was for a SBC but it sat to high on the rear main, causing the pan not to go on correctly. So we got one specifically for an LT1 and it seemed to work just fine. Who Knows. Also the motor mounts were for I guess an older SBC and not an LT1 because no way they were going to work. We ordered new ones as well as all the AN lines and fittings to redo the fuel system, plumb the vacuum pump and the nitrous to the dedicated fuel cell. measured the push rods and got those ordered. I am going to try and take some more pics next weekend.

But next weekend, Install the MSD dummy distributor oil pump drive, motor mounts, drop the engine back on the K, put the single plane back on, headers, plugs and put it back in the car. Start running the lines and stuff.

Back from Paint, when ever the cars goes back for the body they'll repaint the front core support forward of the engine bay. That's why it's still red there. None of the front clip was pulled off.

Morel Link Bar Hydraulic Lifters

Putting the 24X stuff back on, only change was using a Cloyes timing chain.

Looks like an engine kinda

Last edited by Neil350; 09-01-2014 at 11:01 PM.
    93 T/A Hard Top l 398" l Dart Pro-1s + Single Plane l N2O Outlet Spray Bar l 24X SD Tuned l Street twin + M6 l 12 Bolt 3.90 l Fikses

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Neil350 For This Post:

Better pictures with the pan on and accessories

That ac compressor on the back is kind of a pain, no real decent way to get at it with the motor mount stand on. Lot easier on the stand though.

You can see the GZ Crank Mandrel pretty well, really nice piece and fit like a charm.

Stuff from Summit Racing to do redo the Fuel, plumb the nitrous and Vacuum Pump

Last edited by Neil350; 09-04-2014 at 01:55 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Neil350 For This Post:

Lurker

Status

Looks good man. Love the Stefs oil pan,they make good shit.
    1994 Camaro Z-28 M6
    LE 242/248 cam,Crower split ratio rockers,AI 23*Trick Flow heads,JetHot longtube headers,Borla exaust,ewp,pro5.0,hybrid TNT wet kit.

VIP Member

Status
    Name
    KYLE
    Vehicle
    95 MQBM Z28

Hey looking good neil... what vacuum pump are you running and what are you gonna do for a bracket? The gz bracket will work I think but you gotta move your coil/icm...

GZ Cylinder head bracket, with the 24X no coil or ICM to worry about and it clears all the water pump outlets. When you mentioned that it made sense why people don't put it there because of the stock coil and ICM.

LTX Member

Status
    Vehicle
    1995 Camaro Z28

What timing cover is that?

VIP Member

Status
    Name
    KYLE
    Vehicle
    95 MQBM Z28

Yup.. I bought Jason brissons old set up (outlaw z) out of cali...was gonna see if you needed a template for the bracket or something m.. looks like you're all good! Keep the pics coming!

Didn't CSM? build Jason a really nice billet bracket? I originally wanted to put it where the old air pump went.

MeanZ,

The timing cover is an EFI Connection cover from TPiS for the double roller timing sets. I think they have a new cover now.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast