Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Picked the Dart cylinder heads up from the machine shop. Went with a local shop here in town, real nice folks who have been building engine for a long time. They got these heads knocked out in timely manner, which was awesome. They were also really nice and happy to talk with me about the set up. Will Garza put in a bit of work in to the heads and picked them up a bit. The guy before did an awesome job as well and his work was really clean, at the time though just given the set up there wasn't a whole lot of point to go nuts on the heads. So don't take this as shop A vs B because I still have a lot of respect for the original head porter and his work. Any case they also replaced the 2.02 intake valves with 2.08s. The spring/retainer combo is the Manley Nextek with TI retainers that A.I spec'd for the cam. Lesson I learned on after market heads, it's cheaper to do every thing all in the first go round. Sunday the car is scheduled to go to paint, in the mean time the short block will become a long block.

Last edited by Neil350; 08-22-2014 at 02:09 PM.
    93 T/A Hard Top l 398" l Dart Pro-1s + Single Plane l N2O Outlet Spray Bar l 24X SD Tuned l Street twin + M6 l 12 Bolt 3.90 l Fikses

LTXTech Sponsor

Status
    Name
    Brad
    Vehicle
    1979 Monte Carlo
    Blog Entries

2013 King of Street & ES/PA Champ

1979 Chevy Monte Carlo 383,Stock Ported Heads, 4L80 with Edge converter, QP 9", Nitrous Outlet Plate Kit
    Certified Performance & Auto Repair Inc.

The FABRICATOR!

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1985 Monte Carlo SS

Not sure if it matters but I noticed above .400" one head seems to outperform the other by about 5%. I wonder if that had something to do with the bench or maybe one side got a little more attention than the other?
    Chris
    1985 Monte Carlo SS
    Mods: 9:1 383 LT1, Ported Trick Flow heads, D1SC Procharger, 4L80E, 3.50 9"
    Check out the M122 MCSS build thread here!

The head flow numbers are a before and after. He flowed them before he started.
    93 T/A Hard Top l 398" l Dart Pro-1s + Single Plane l N2O Outlet Spray Bar l 24X SD Tuned l Street twin + M6 l 12 Bolt 3.90 l Fikses

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Neil350 For This Post:

The FABRICATOR!

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1985 Monte Carlo SS

That's makes sense!
    Chris
    1985 Monte Carlo SS
    Mods: 9:1 383 LT1, Ported Trick Flow heads, D1SC Procharger, 4L80E, 3.50 9"
    Check out the M122 MCSS build thread here!

Loaded the old heap up and sent it to paint today. Next weekend the long block will start going together on the stand.

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

DO like!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Stout View Post
    I would try to work my neck muscles but I'm not invited to the LS guy parties.

VIP Member

Status

Awesome to see Neil... "don't start no, there won't be no."
    '95 Camaro Z28 - 385CI LT1 Turbo - GONE AND SAD
    '04 GTO Yellow Jacket 6 Speed SAP - LM1, 19" AZA Z1s, H/C, LTs, Nitrous Outlet plate set-up
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumbalt1 View Post
    the fans was not on andi guess that the pcm have my car going high power because oil started to come out thw valve covers

We aint about that life no more. Well maybe.

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    Enrique
    Vehicle
    93 Z28

I agree with Fastbird, your car is one of my favorite cars too. I would love to see your car in person. I live in the Clear Lake area so when you get it running I would like to see it run. I bet it sounds like a beast!
    93 Z28, 383, PI 3200, Strange 12 bolt, 3.73, Strange coilovers, suspension, and going 24X... for three years or so.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast