Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Lurker

Status
    Name
    David
    Vehicle
    97 355 Green TA

I thought I saw a build thread once before for your car, can u link it?

I'm a big FC fan and wanna swap my lt1 in to one years down the road. More for a drift missile though lol.
    97 TA (Rebuilding):Stock bottom end 355, CAI, 52 TB, Ported intake and lt1 heads, 227/235 LE cam, Ultra-Pro-Mags 1.6RR's, Hooker LT's, single flowmaster, McLeod Clutch. Need a 9inch rear to handle the abuse

FLOGROWN

InActive Member

Status
    Name
    I'm Out
    Vehicle
    I'm Out

Cody in the 2014 GT went 12.3 a couple weeks ago, he thinks he's ready for a rematch. I wouldn't mind if you ruined his night again either...
    Last edited by LTXMONTE; 04-09-2014 at 03:35 PM.
    I'm out

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LTXMONTE For This Post:

Lurker

Status
    Name
    David
    Vehicle
    97 355 Green TA

www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=622850657794385

Just ta give ya an idea what it'd be like to turbo it . Found this today amongst my random internet shenanigans
    97 TA (Rebuilding):Stock bottom end 355, CAI, 52 TB, Ported intake and lt1 heads, 227/235 LE cam, Ultra-Pro-Mags 1.6RR's, Hooker LT's, single flowmaster, McLeod Clutch. Need a 9inch rear to handle the abuse

FLOGROWN

InActive Member

Status
    Vehicle
    1991 RX7

Bad news guys, after changing injectors I lost one of my fuel rail bolts and thinking it had rolled under something or was stuck in the motor mounts I just gave up looking for it and found out later that night where it had went. Straight to the intake and into the head. I ended up twisting a rod, bending 2 pushrods, ruining my heads and now I need my block sleeved. It won't be long before it's back out, just need a few weeks and lots of porting hours but it will be back and be stronger than ever. What could I gain in the 1/4 by going with a 400 crank turning the same rpm and having the same setups back to back. Would it be worth it or could I spend the money elsewhere for better results? The rx7 will be back out in 2-3 weeks depending on how long it takes me to get a sleeve.

InActive Member

Status
    Vehicle
    1991 RX7

Cody will forever want a rematch after he does simple bolt ons. But when he asked me to run I knew there were cops around the corner so I wasn't wanting to risk it. Give me a few weeks and I'll ruin his night and make him spend more money chasing the 23 year old mazda.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Swiggart For This Post:

Lurker

Status
    Name
    David
    Vehicle
    97 355 Green TA

Sucks to hear that! I'm glad you're deciding to rebuild it and not give up.

Bolt ons aren't the same as a build up; and thus I'm sure you'll win again.

FLOGROWN

InActive Member

Status
    Vehicle
    1991 RX7

Quote Originally Posted by MI6TA View Post
    Sucks to hear that! I'm glad you're deciding to rebuild it and not give up.

Bolt ons aren't the same as a build up; and thus I'm sure you'll win again.
    Giving up seems so much better but the car is too fun for that, the coyote 5.0's aren't a joke. If all goes as I plan, the car should make a solid 20 or more horses than before. I want to go 383 but im not sure if it is worth the money or not. Im sure it is cost effective as I can spend a couple hundred on a crank and get 30 or more horsepower, or spend a couple hundred on a tb and get 7.

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Quote Originally Posted by Swiggart View Post
    Bad news guys, after changing injectors I lost one of my fuel rail bolts and thinking it had rolled under something or was stuck in the motor mounts I just gave up looking for it and found out later that night where it had went. Straight to the intake and into the head. I ended up twisting a rod, bending 2 pushrods, ruining my heads and now I need my block sleeved. It won't be long before it's back out, just need a few weeks and lots of porting hours but it will be back and be stronger than ever. What could I gain in the 1/4 by going with a 400 crank turning the same rpm and having the same setups back to back. Would it be worth it or could I spend the money elsewhere for better results? The rx7 will be back out in 2-3 weeks depending on how long it takes me to get a sleeve.
    Ohhhhhh no..... Glad ur staying with it tho.

Just an LTXtech addict

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

InActive Member

Status
    Vehicle
    1991 RX7

Maybe a new cam with better heads will be in line this time. Go check out my post in dyno #'s section to help me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12