Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Lurker

Status

Default 69 chevelle 5.3 turbo build

OK OK , I know it's not and LT1 build but there's a reason for it and I'll explain so don't kick my butt to bad haha.

So my uncle and my cousin and I have always worked on are cars together and as we all got older we started making enough money to build are car's up and my uncle would help know questions asked well year's passed and my uncle never had his own hot rod and he definitely wanted one so as money was plenty finally he decided to find a chevelle that we all could build together for him and by the way my cousin and I were very excited to help well we pulled the body off the frame and had the frame and suspension blasted and I sprayed bed liner on them , those part's hung in the garage and the car set outside waiting for more parts to show , the body was rusted pretty badly so he went back and forth trying to decide if it would be best to find another car or fix this one well I was pretty darn good at body and paint work so I always tried to get him to just let me go at it but he never could make a decision on letting me fix it so the body set for years and years.
    plus they were remodeling the house so.

Well one day my uncle was not feeling well and went to the doctor and they said he had blood pressure issues so he started to eat better and exercising and still felt bad well one day he thought he was having a heart attack so he went to the hospital and had them look at him and they found out he had stage 4 lung cancer a he didn't have much time left to live so.

long story short he asked me if I wanted the car knowing that I was the only person he new that would , could finish the car so before he passed we set down together and we talked about the car and what he always wanted to do to it , he made a point to tell me to do what ever I wanted to do to the car well it's not really my car it his car and in my head that's the way it's always going to be , I do plan on making a few changes to put my slight spin on it to make him happy though hahaha.

So here's what he wanted

#1 it has to be black

#2 it has to have and automatic overdrive transmission for street ability

#3 I needs a 5.3 ls truck engine

#4 it has to be able to handle well in around corners

#5 and has to haul ass

#6 do what I want to the car

Now ill add that I'll be adding a turbo to it and some head and cam work and a few other little fine tuning things to try and class it up as he would have.

uploadfromtaptalk1391981465678.jpguploadfromtaptalk1391981465678.jpguploadfromtaptalk1391981502087.jpguploadfromtaptalk1391981600264.jpguploadfromtaptalk1391981657896.jpguploadfromtaptalk1391981707261.jpguploadfromtaptalk1391981763874.jpgI don't have many pictures on this new phone so I'll have to charge up my other phone and upload them and I'll update as I can this is not something that will be happening fast as I have many projects going at once but I figured I should start a thread before it's done hahaha.

Now because of my lungs , eye's are junk I'll be having friends and family help me alone the way I plan to do what I can as much as possible .

So far before I got sick I did as much as u could to get it as far as it is now it has new floor pans , trunk pan , inner and outer wheelhouses and quarters I made the firewall and front body mounts it has inner and outer rocker panel on the passengers side a new fender and a new door on the passenger side the driver's door has a new skin .

The things that I still need are the hood , core support and drivers fender , roof skin and deck lid so its getting there .

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    97 firehawk m6 with a forged long rod 355 stock heads and intake soon to be upgraded to LE 21* tfs heads and a big ass cam , rpm built level 5 t56 trans s60 with 4.30 gears umi suspension walbro pump and hot wire kit and a spinning best 12.36 @ 114 crap 60 foot.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 97firehawk For This Post:

LTX AUTOX GURU!

Status

Looks like a good project. Im sure you will make your uncle proud. Ill be following this build.
    94 Trans am. Built 383/T56(437/409) Wilwoods, tubular suspension, QA1/BMR, Watts Link. Stripped down and set to kill!

Twin Tubo build underway. !GOING AFTER LTX STANDING MILE RECORD!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MeanTA For This Post:

Lurker

Status

Hahaha can someone fix the headline ( Cheverly to chevelle build ) stupid auto correct . @popo8

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 97firehawk; 07-12-2014 at 06:41 PM.
    97 firehawk m6 with a forged long rod 355 stock heads and intake soon to be upgraded to LE 21* tfs heads and a big ass cam , rpm built level 5 t56 trans s60 with 4.30 gears umi suspension walbro pump and hot wire kit and a spinning best 12.36 @ 114 crap 60 foot.

Lurker

Status

So I popped off the heads to get the ready for so port work and found big time rust on one cylinder I'm a little bummed

Lurker

Status

it has begun hahaha.

The cylinder cleaned up pretty decent , I would normally prefer much better but it's my first boosted engine so I don't think it will last all that long , I may still pull it apart and bore it and freshin it up but as of now I'm not concerned with it .

I do have a 6.0 block available to me and it been wanting to run a 4.8 crank and ls3 head set up so I may start collecting the parts for when I kill this 5.3

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

Oh that's a bummer on the motor, but love the project. Newfangled technological motor in an old school car. Sign me up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Stout View Post
    I would try to work my neck muscles but I'm not invited to the LS guy parties.

Lurker

Status

It happens. I picked it up sometime ago from a local salvage yard they must not fog the cylinders and it had set for a while after it was pulled out and when i got it was fogged but there must have been water in there already . I'll figure it out .

Lurker

Status

The 5.3 got it's opti upgrade hahaha. Perfection

VIP Member

Status
    Name
    KYLE
    Vehicle
    95 MQBM Z28

Looks good Dave. ... just curious... When you got ahold of tj to do a tune was that for the twin turbo b body you guys have? Obd1 or obd2?

Lurker

Status

Shit I forgot to call him back haha , his car is still a part he's been bull shiting spending all of his cash on his twin turbo lsx build . His B body Is a single turbo and it's a obd2

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast