Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

InActive Member

Status
    Name
    Joey
    Vehicle
    1991 Camaro RS

Default Joining the Club!

Some of you many know I've been building an LT1 out of a '95 Caprice 9C1 to put in my '91 Camaro. Well, to make a long story short, with a bit of irony, I'm getting a '95 Caprice B4U package from my uncle's estate. I saw this car when I went up to Jersey at the beginning of the year to help get his estate in order and round up all his cars. It's wrecked in the back, though not too bad, and has three-hundred-forty-two thousand miles on it. I spelled it out to make it look as huge as it is haha.

It needs a battery but runs and goes into gear, and has a fairly nasty exhaust leak from the #7 exhaust port. Don't know yet if it's a broken bolt or just missing, but there's no bolt on the end for sure.

So the plan is to have the family mail me the title so I can get plates and insurance, load up all my tools and spare parts from the 9C1 engine (including opti), take a ride up there and drive it back. Hopefully it'll make it

No pictures yet, but they will follow in the next few weeks when I get around to getting up there.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TurtleTamer For This Post:

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

340,000 !!!!! Wow! Do u know if thats all on the original motor?

LTXtech.com is my drug.

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

That is crazy. Theyll last forever if you take care of them!

Making you silky smooth...

InActive Member

Status
    Name
    Joey
    Vehicle
    1991 Camaro RS

It looks to have enough oil and crud caked on it to be original, but who knows? Title says somewhere around 120,000. So the guy who owned it before my uncle drove it quite a long way and took good care of it I guess.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TurtleTamer For This Post:

InActive Member

Status
    Name
    Joey
    Vehicle
    1991 Camaro RS

Well, the deal fell through. I got everything worked out to get up there and pick up the car, but a failure of an email to my Aunt to properly send or arrive kept the title from being sent and now I'm left with a bunch of days off to do other things more local. There won't be another chance to get up there, so anyone in the Northern New Jersey area looking for a high-mileage LT1 Caprice for cheap, keep your eyes open for it.

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by TurtleTamer View Post
    Well, the deal fell through. I got everything worked out to get up there and pick up the car, but a failure of an email to my Aunt to properly send or arrive kept the title from being sent and now I'm left with a bunch of days off to do other things more local. There won't be another chance to get up there, so anyone in the Northern New Jersey area looking for a high-mileage LT1 Caprice for cheap, keep your eyes open for it.
    let me know, im in north jersey and im always looking for opti's, er, i mean lt1's
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

lol.... how cheap?

LTXtech.com is my drug.

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

InActive Member

Status
    Name
    Joey
    Vehicle
    1991 Camaro RS

Kelly blue book and Edmunds put it at between $300 and $900, but the rear has been smacked so who knows what it's really worth, and especially at 342,000 miles I have no idea if the opti would work for long haha. If anyone is seriously interested in buying it, I can help middleman the deal. It's in Wayne, NJ right now with no battery.