Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: My 1996 Formula

Lurker

Status
    Vehicle
    1996 Firebird Formula

Default My 1996 Formula

Hopefully no one minds if I post up something on my car. It's a 96 Firebird Formula M6. Low optioned hard top car. Very clean as you will see from some pictures I will post.
    Here's a little history that i know of the car. A good friend purchased it from a bank owner in a town 20 miles south of me. The banker bought it wreaked and fixed it. Did a decent job on it. I think it had under 100,000 miles on it then. My friend bought it and had it for 2 years. He hardly drove it. Put maybe 500 miles on it. I decided after my first semester of college that I wanted a F-body. My friend heard that i wanted one and told me to make an offer. So I offered $3500 (2 years ago) and he said that was a fair price. At the time it needed new tires and a headliner. Still needs the liner. It was 98% stock with 102,000 miles, all it had was a short throw (unsure of the brand) and some replica C6 wheels. The first mod i did was a Magnaflow cat-back. Got it for $285 because the shop I work at is a Magnaflow dealer. After that I had some new tires put on. Got some Nitto 555s all the way around. After a while I put a cold air intake on it. Left it alone for awhile. One day one of my catalytic converters blew out, so I figured I'd just drop the factory Y pipe and cut off the cats. Ended up breaking 3 out of the 4 bolts on each manifold. I got angry and ordered some long tubes. That's when I started having problems. My clutch went out a week after the long tubes went on. It never ran good and it sat for a long time. Just this last year i got ambitious and decided to look in to it. Found that we ran the plug wires very badly and the belt cut 2 wires and had another burnt. Explains everything right? I then ended up having to put another clutch and flywheel in. The weekend after that I take it to the track and blow the water pump on the first pass. It sits half torn apart at my parent's house right now because it's to freaking cold to work on it. I have bad luck don't you think? With all the crap this car has given me I don't plan to get rid of it. I even turned down an offer of $6000. One good thing is I haven't had to replace the opti (knock on wood).
    1996 Firebird Formula: M6. Pacesetter long tubes, Magnaflow cat-back. K&N cold air intake
    2001 Chevy Silverado 1500: Superchips Flash Paq, dual exhaust. Soon to have S&B cold air

Lurker

Status
    Vehicle
    1996 Firebird Formula

0129121446_0001.jpg
    ^ This is right after I bought it. Crappy phone so the picture isn't the best.
    Firebird track.jpg
    ^ This is the most recent picture of it.
    305516_3128490736575_1742384446_n.jpg
    ^ This is a very good picture someone took at a cruise I went to.
    1996 Firebird Formula: M6. Pacesetter long tubes, Magnaflow cat-back. K&N cold air intake
    2001 Chevy Silverado 1500: Superchips Flash Paq, dual exhaust. Soon to have S&B cold air

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MRFecht For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Cameron
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula

Very nice formy....Don't get too down about the problems. Remember your beating on a 18 y/o car, shits gonna break and theres always room for improvement. Trust me, I know all about setbacks.
    2012 Sierra - 5.3, Summit "Stage 1" Truck Cam
    1994 Jimmy - LS? LT? 4wd? AWD? Time? Money?
    1994 Formula - 5.3, Terminator X, Billet VS7875, "Best Cam", T56, QP 9"
    Formula Build Thread

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sahara54 For This Post:

Lurker

Status
    Vehicle
    1996 Firebird Formula

It's all a learning experience right? I'm not planning a whole lot of mods at the moment. Mostly cosmetic and interior work.

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

i had the motor back in mine for 5 weeks, i said if it made it a month id be happy, 5 weeks and opti failed lol
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

InActive Member

Status

Love a white formula!! Yea don't get down on the car problems, trust me we know all about old car problems!

Now: m6, 24x conversion, full bolt ons, fullish suspension
    In the works: forged 355, le2, th400, 9", direct port 200 shot. Ton of weight reduction!

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Its part of the game... Dont get down..although i hope ur popped wp didnt cause issues with ur opti...

LTXtech.com is my drug.

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

Lurker

Status
    Vehicle
    1996 Firebird Formula

I don't think it did because I drove it home and it ran great. I just wish spring would hurry up.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MRFecht For This Post:

InActive Member

Status
    Name
    Tom Murden
    Vehicle
    1995 formula firebird

Nice formy ! I have a 95 a4 car . I love my formy most of the time . Every once in a while I get pissy about it not being a camaro lol!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Murd450 For This Post:

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Johnny
    Vehicle
    1994 formula A4

Quote Originally Posted by Murd450 View Post
    Nice formy ! I have a 95 a4 car . I love my formy most of the time . Every once in a while I get pissy about it not being a camaro lol!
    You have to be the first person I have ever heard of that wishes there firabird/TA was a camaro lol.

nice formula Would look perfect dropped down a inch or so

15. The Following User Says Thank You to fullforce For This Post:

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast