Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Default Trying to track down an old car of mine

Hello all, long time member, but it has been a long time since I have been active. Every year I spend a little free time trying to track down an old car of mine, that I sold in haste. Long story short, I sold it to a friend, he wrecks it 7 days later, trades it in to a small lot dealer, and that's the last I have heard of it. I have the report on it that shows last activity on 5/7/07 and the report stops there. I had a huge attachment to this car and would love to get it back, I sold it to start college, and have wanted it back ever since. I have the VIN#, and was wondering if anyone has a DMV friend. Honest to god im not looking to thieve it by any means. I just want to know if it is even registered to anyone, or despite being an easy fix for that dealer, if they trashed it. The report didnt list any auction, so I doubt it went there. Maybe they fixed it and resold it around that 2007 date.

If you can help, message me or email me salazarmarcus@gmail.com and I can get you the vin#

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Quote Originally Posted by 1970judge View Post
    Hello all, long time member, but it has been a long time since I have been active. Every year I spend a little free time trying to track down an old car of mine, that I sold in haste. Long story short, I sold it to a friend, he wrecks it 7 days later, trades it in to a small lot dealer, and that's the last I have heard of it. I have the report on it that shows last activity on 5/7/07 and the report stops there. I had a huge attachment to this car and would love to get it back, I sold it to start college, and have wanted it back ever since. I have the VIN#, and was wondering if anyone has a DMV friend. Honest to god im not looking to thieve it by any means. I just want to know if it is even registered to anyone, or despite being an easy fix for that dealer, if they trashed it. The report didnt list any auction, so I doubt it went there. Maybe they fixed it and resold it around that 2007 date.

If you can help, message me or email me salazarmarcus@gmail.com and I can get you the vin#
    How about we start with some pics of it? I also have a thread about one of my previous camaros that I have been looking for..,

Just an LTXtech addict

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

Picture (2).jpgPicture 006.jpgl_4d3912faacd4458a92addc24026468d4.jpg

It took me a few years to find exactly what I wanted. Hardtop, white/black accents, gray/red interior, auto. I found out last night, finally, that the car was exported to Mexico in Jan-2008. Now it is more about the search for a clone of this car...

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by 1970judge View Post
    Picture (2).jpgPicture 006.jpgl_4d3912faacd4458a92addc24026468d4.jpg

It took me a few years to find exactly what I wanted. Hardtop, white/black accents, gray/red interior, auto. I found out last night, finally, that the car was exported to Mexico in Jan-2008. Now it is more about the search for a clone of this car...
    Well that sucks its there, but cool you figured it out. How did you learn the new info?

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

I payed for an autocheck from KBB.com that gave me plenty of info, but left me hanging a bit. I payed for a carfax and low and behold the carfax told me 'exported to mexico'. It's disappointing because I could have found that out a few years ago when I started this search. I didn't know a carfax would tell you that!

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle

I had just learned that recently as well during my search for my old 95.... but I cant bring myself to pay for carfax... lol.

I'll have to settle for finding one like it, which, has been just as hard but easier than getting it from Mexico.

I bought a car identical to that one back in 04. I sold it around 06 if I remember correctly.

I've looked for a while now and have yet to come across one, though I am sure they are out there.