Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 97 of 97 FirstFirst ... 47879394959697
    Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Catmaigne View Post
    Getting around to working on this thing again. The ole stock T56 had been giving me problems (again), so I shipped a spare off to have built up. Just got it back today.

Attachment 40440

Attachment 40441

Count the splines... lol

In addition to the trans, I have some other things to address:

1. Tune tune tune - I need to get the EOIT right and dial in the fuel better. I also want to figure out how to get this damn knock sensor to register.
    2. Heat extraction - This Harwood has no vents and is sealed at the cowl. I'm going to cut into the hood at the cowl area and make little grilles so heat can escape.
    3. Heat wrap - I need to wrap up the heater core lines near the exhaust and rewrap the last header primary on the passenger side. The whole coil pack area gets super hot and I think I'm gonna burn something.
    4. Tachometer rewiring - I think the Holley is feeding the dash a 12v pulsed signal whereas it might need a 5v one, need to drop voltage.
    5. Speedometer - The chip I installed to turn the VSS signal from a sawtooth wave into a square never worked right so I need to do some probing, maybe replace it.
    6. Cowl drainage - I have water pouring onto my aux fuse panel when it rains. I need to make a little visor.
    7. Rear calipers hitting wheel weights on my drag wheels... ugh
    remove wheel weights on the drag wheels. once you do a burnout they are gonna be out of balance anyway with the weights. i have no weights on any of mine, no vibration, had vibration with weights

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SSlowBoat For This Post:

Why the desire to have KS work with holley? Honestly curious. Also are you talking injector end angle tuning?
    Correlation does not imply causation.

Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shownomercy For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Mike
    Vehicle
    96 Z28, 95 Roadmaster

Quote Originally Posted by shownomercy View Post
    Why the desire to have KS work with holley? Honestly curious. Also are you talking injector end angle tuning?
    Less plug reading and guessing. No idea how good the knock circuit is, but something seems better than nothing.

And yea, the end angle. I believe it is fixed in the base tune. I've been reluctant to change it because I know it's going to throw all of my low rpm fueling out the window.

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk
    96Z M6, ERE-383 #60, AFR 210s, LE cam, 9", Procharger D1, ???whp
    95 Roadmaster T-56 swap, LE1s, baby cam, 4.56s, "The Cammaster"
    95 Firehawk hooptie, bolt-ons and suspension

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Catmaigne For This Post:

As a data point, I swapped in 220# injectors, and updated the ECM for the new injector data. Checked learning trims, and their close to if not zero area.

Then I switched on the IEA (mainly cause I like to tinker) and have driven it for awhile now. Learning trims still show next to no areas that indicate change is needed.

Data wise, didn't seem to do much, BUT in my head, seems to have cleaned up idle and the off idle slow hits quite well. So who knows.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shownomercy For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Mike
    Vehicle
    96 Z28, 95 Roadmaster

Just getting around to tinkering with this thing again. A made a couple tune changes and it seems to be driving less like an old farm truck.

1. I got around to setting up the IEA table in the advanced ICF. I used the v2.6 excel that is floating around and have been experimenting with a few different inputs. Right now it is about -160° at idle and it generally hangs out between -155° and -175° during cruising. Throttle response is 1000% better than the fixed -90° from the base cals, idk who came up with that figure and the built in injector phasing calculator is trash.

2. I upped the min injector pulse width to 1.65ms. These Deka 80s seem to act all wonky starting at <1.55 and were causing lean pops on decel. Unfortunately, a side effect of this is that the pulse width hits the floor too fast during coasting and my fuel goes to 11:1. BUT...

3. I got the DFCO working properly which can be a band-aid for hitting the pw floor.

@shownomercy What were you running for IEA on the 80's? I looked around in the old tune you sent me, saw it was fixed at 0° and didn't see anything in the advanced ICF tables.
    96Z M6, ERE-383 #60, AFR 210s, LE cam, 9", Procharger D1, ???whp
    95 Roadmaster T-56 swap, LE1s, baby cam, 4.56s, "The Cammaster"
    95 Firehawk hooptie, bolt-ons and suspension

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Catmaigne For This Post:

I never had IEA setup on the 80s afaik, I only started messing with it once I tossed the 220s in.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to shownomercy For This Post:

Page 97 of 97 FirstFirst ... 47879394959697