Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Default Going from 700r4 to 4l60e in a 92 vette... A few questions

I have a few questions about the differences in the speed senors. I'm under the impression based on what I've seen that the dash on my 92 vette wants a 4000 pulse per minute ac signal.

If I use a 96 4l60e trans, what type of signal would thatbe putting out? I have the Dakota digital box; I'm just trying to understand what's going on and how everything will work together. Thanks!
    92 Vette with a 383, cnc'd lt4's and a vortech ysi.

Overworked/Underpaid

Status
    Name
    Peter Alpiger
    Vehicle
    1996 Trans Am WS6; 1994 Corvette [GS Clone]

@Cahall

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
    96 Trans Am WS6 LT1 M6: 10/7/11 - current: 245.7 RWHP / 266.2 RWTQ - 14.462s @ 98.28 MPH
    94 Corvette LT1 A4: 4/12/13 - current: No dyno #s yet - 9.547s @ 75.11 MPH (1/8 mile)
    92 Lumina Euro 3.4L LQ1 A4: 1/15/06 - current: The beater car that refuses to die...

LTXTech Sponsor

Status
    Name
    Gail C. Cahall
    Vehicle
    93 Camaro, 95 Impala SS, 01 Corvette, '05 Dodge Ram

The '92 Corvette uses a 4 pulse per revolution sine-wave (A.C. current or alternating current) signal. The 4L60E uses a 40 pulse per revolution signal.

Frank
    Gail C. Cahall
    CAHALL PERFORMANCE TRANSMISSIONS

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CPT For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cahall View Post
    The '92 Corvette uses a 4 pulse per revolution sine-wave (A.C. current or alternating current) signal. The 4L60E uses a 40 pulse per revolution signal.

Frank
    I already have the Dakota box but is there any easy way to interchange the speed sensors?

I'm messing with the Dakota digital box using example 3 (converting from newer speed sensor signal down to something usable for the lt1 PCM) but the speedo is still reading double.

LTXTech Sponsor

Status
    Name
    Gail C. Cahall
    Vehicle
    93 Camaro, 95 Impala SS, 01 Corvette, '05 Dodge Ram

I don't think you can change the speed sensors because the computer you're using to control the 4L60E will need to see the signal from a 40 pulse speedo. A different alternative would be checking out the universal control GPS box from Autometer. It wires into your factory electronic speedo and uses a GPS signal. Gail @ American-Powerhouse can get you a price.
    Gail C. Cahall
    CAHALL PERFORMANCE TRANSMISSIONS

Quote Originally Posted by Cahall View Post
    I don't think you can change the speed sensors because the computer you're using to control the 4L60E will need to see the signal from a 40 pulse speedo. A different alternative would be checking out the universal control GPS box from Autometer. It wires into your factory electronic speedo and uses a GPS signal. Gail @ American-Powerhouse can get you a price.

Im using the stock 92 computer and a us shift standalone converter box.

Ill check into the gps setup. Gotta love technology,