Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    InActive Member

Status
    Name
    Dennis Keener
    Vehicle
    1996 express

So I would need a epc solenoid and wiring harness.is the pressure control solenoid in the 96 tranny not electronic?I read the 96 tranny needs a .400" spacer.where would I get the wiring and how hard is it do the work to replace solenoid and wiring

LTXTech Sponsor

Status
    Name
    Gail C. Cahall
    Vehicle
    93 Camaro, 95 Impala SS, 01 Corvette, '05 Dodge Ram

Quote Originally Posted by tp5108 View Post
    So I would need a epc solenoid and wiring harness.is the pressure control solenoid in the 96 tranny not electronic?I read the 96 tranny needs a .400" spacer.where would I get the wiring and how hard is it do the work to replace solenoid and wiring
    Yes, the '96 is electronic but the EPC for the later units use a different resistance. The solenoid is pretty easy to change. It's just a matter of removing the 2nd accumulator housing that's held on by 3 10MM bolts, and the 8MM bolt that holds the EPC bracket on. The wiring harness has 4 tabs that hold it in the case that have to be compressed to push it through. the harness will only come through the case if the EPC is removed first. Other than getting the connector through the case, it's just a matter of uncliping the connectors to the solenoids and removing the 2 10MM bolts to get the TCC solenoid out.
    Gail C. Cahall
    CAHALL PERFORMANCE TRANSMISSIONS

InActive Member

Status
    Name
    Dennis Keener
    Vehicle
    1996 express

Ok I was checking all the pins on the 5.3 wiring harness and on the 20 pin transmission connector all the pins are good but it doesn't have the pins t and u in it which are the 2 torque converter solenoid pins. They aren't on the plug or ecm pin out

LTXTech Sponsor

Status
    Name
    Gail C. Cahall
    Vehicle

Your '96 and '03 should have the same number of pins in the connector. The only change made after '96 was the EPC resistance and then an input speed sensor was added in '05 which required more pins in the connector.
    Gail C. Cahall

InActive Member

Status
    Name
    Dennis Keener
    Vehicle
    1996 express

I found out what the problem was. The 03 wiring harness I have is set up for a 4l80e so im I gonna have to add pins u and t for the 4l60e

InActive Member

Status
    Name
    Dennis Keener
    Vehicle
    1996 express

How do you take the transmission 20 way connector apart to add pins?

InActive Member

Status
    Name
    rob
    Vehicle
    1995 k1500

Hi. I understand everyone says that the 95 is a standalone year but what I want to know is. I have a 95 truck and a 97 4l60e. What if I took the valve body and solenoids/ wiring from my 95 trans and installed it into the 97 trans? Would this be possible? If not why? Thanks in advance.

LTXTech Sponsor

Status
    Name
    Gail C. Cahall
    Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by rjsieb View Post
    Hi. I understand everyone says that the 95 is a standalone year but what I want to know is. I have a 95 truck and a 97 4l60e. What if I took the valve body and solenoids/ wiring from my 95 trans and installed it into the 97 trans? Would this be possible? If not why? Thanks in advance.
    Yes, you can swap the parts from the '95 to the '97. You will have to swap the complete valve body and all solenoids, separator plate, and wiring.

Frank
    Gail C. Cahall

InActive Member

Status
    Name
    rob
    Vehicle
    1995 k1500

Ok. Thats what im going to do. I was pretty sure it would as the cases look the same on the outsides. Thanks for the help.

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Joe
    Vehicle
    1997 Pontiac Trans Am

Are there any isssues with taking a 97 F-body torque converter and putting it in a 1994 corvette A4 transmission? Are converters interchageable?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast