Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
Lloyd Elliott

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 58
  1. #41
    LTX Master


    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Vehicle
    1995 Firebird
    Location
    Western MA
    Posts
    758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dawdaw View Post
    Hey Mystery Bird, did you have to do any clearancing to fit the 80e in the tunnel at all? I know that trans is a pretty big trans, just wondering. How big of a converter did u end up goin with?
    It's really not as big as everyone thinks. The only issue is where the harness plugs into the side of the trans. I made an h cut and massaged it back with a hammer to fit. For a converter I went with a 9.5 inch Edge.
    1995 TA: Converted Nose...381 LT1...4L80E...Moser 12 bolt...Edge TC...
    Best 1/4 so far 10.87 @123, 1.48 60ft, 3450lbs.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MysteryBird1?feature=watch

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mystery Bird For This Post:


  3. #42

    Default

    What did you do for slip yoke on teh trans side?

  4. #43
    Lurker


    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Southwestern WI
    Posts
    447

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Featherburner View Post
    No A/C, not a street car.
    I guess my '00 Yukon isn't a street car because the A/C doesn't work

    My Camaro lost the A/C right away, this year it lost the heater and I still call it a street car, hell it's even got a pin on hood now lol

    Glad that you guys have figured out how to swap an 80e, but I'll stick to my "Man Pedal" I will be swapping an 80e into my Yukon if the trans goes out
    LE3 355, M6, Fully Bolted & Full Suspension, 3.5" Mufflex w/Borla, MWC Fab 9 w/Watts Link, 315 NT555 on all 4 Corners
    Diet Is Underway 600+ Pounds Removed & Counting

  5. #44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninety5PoloZ View Post
    I guess my '00 Yukon isn't a street car because the A/C doesn't work

    My Camaro lost the A/C right away, this year it lost the heater and I still call it a street car, hell it's even got a pin on hood now lol

    Glad that you guys have figured out how to swap an 80e, but I'll stick to my "Man Pedal" I will be swapping an 80e into my Yukon if the trans goes out
    Yukon is not a car at all. Last I checked it's an SUV. There is a difference between poor maintenance and ripping stuff out of your vehicle.
    John


  6. #45
    LTX Master


    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Vehicle
    1995 Firebird
    Location
    Western MA
    Posts
    758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shownomercy View Post
    What did you do for slip yoke on teh trans side?
    Ordered one that had the same style ujoint as my DS so I didn't need a conversion u joint.
    1995 TA: Converted Nose...381 LT1...4L80E...Moser 12 bolt...Edge TC...
    Best 1/4 so far 10.87 @123, 1.48 60ft, 3450lbs.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MysteryBird1?feature=watch

  7. #46
    Lurker


    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Southwestern WI
    Posts
    447

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Featherburner View Post
    Yukon is not a car at all. Last I checked it's an SUV. There is a difference between poor maintenance and ripping stuff out of your vehicle.
    Funny guy here^^^Would you still call it "ripping stuff out of a vehicle" if all of the bolts were carefully removed to not damage anything? And I paid for a HVAC delete plate that came with fancy allen head bolts instead of going to home depot and jamming a piece of metal in there with 50 self tapping screws
    Last edited by Ninety5PoloZ; 05-09-2013 at 03:18 PM.
    LE3 355, M6, Fully Bolted & Full Suspension, 3.5" Mufflex w/Borla, MWC Fab 9 w/Watts Link, 315 NT555 on all 4 Corners
    Diet Is Underway 600+ Pounds Removed & Counting

  8. #47
    Xtreme Member


    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Name
    Kyle
    Vehicle
    '95 Trans Am
    Location
    Elizabethtown, Kentucky
    Posts
    2,677

    Default

    So is the new z28 not a street car if the person ordering it does not check ac on the options list?

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547
    Kyle

    just ur everyday slow LT1. wanna try her out?

  9. #48
    Lurker


    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Southwestern WI
    Posts
    447

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SexyTransAm View Post
    So is the new z28 not a street car if the person ordering it does not check ac on the options list?

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547

    I guess not, according to him it would just be hack job of a car
    LE3 355, M6, Fully Bolted & Full Suspension, 3.5" Mufflex w/Borla, MWC Fab 9 w/Watts Link, 315 NT555 on all 4 Corners
    Diet Is Underway 600+ Pounds Removed & Counting

  10. #49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystery Bird View Post
    Ordered one that had the same style ujoint as my DS so I didn't need a conversion u joint.
    Any details on said yoke?

  11. #50
    LTX Master


    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Vehicle
    1995 Firebird
    Location
    Western MA
    Posts
    758

    Default

    32 spline with 3r or s44 joints.
    1995 TA: Converted Nose...381 LT1...4L80E...Moser 12 bolt...Edge TC...
    Best 1/4 so far 10.87 @123, 1.48 60ft, 3450lbs.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MysteryBird1?feature=watch

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •