Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    "The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Guess that means u made ur mind up. (if not, copy and past ur issue in the proper are so people see it as a
    "help" thread.

Larry (Popo8) Co-owner
    LTXtech.com

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Chris P. Bacon
    Vehicle
    1994 Firebird Formula

after talking with some friends i think i'm going to pull the LT1 and sell it, a friend will sell me a carbed 355 for $500 and i can throw that in so i at least have something fun to drive all summer and save till winter and do the 5.3 or 6.0 swap. i feel like at this point even fixing it is just going to prolong the pain and i'll just end up getting towed again.

'94 Formula 6spd
    If you come across a cobra in the wild, wipe it off and apologize.

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Formula218 View Post
    Car has now left me stranded twice, I'm done dealing with this motor. Time to yank it and find a LQ.

it started fine this AM, drove to the store and then to the auto-x I was supposed to do today. Ran fine, smooth as it ever has. Got there and had to move the car and it would crank but not start. It's got spark, but it seems weak. Fuel pump is priming, but its getting no injector pulse. has headers and a G2 intake. 98k miles on it, ran fine before today as long as it wasn't raining lol. make me an offer!

No rain which is what left me on the side of the highway last time.
    The problem with the Opti is the high voltage section. Take the high voltage out of the Opti, and you have a killer cam position sensor. Add the Bailey Engineering LTCC and your Opti high voltage problems are gone. And you have a nice direct fire ignition using 8 LSx coils.
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Injuneer For This Post:

10 Second N/A Club

Status
    Name
    Josh
    Vehicle
    96 Z28

Sucks to hear but I think all of us understand how frustrating these cars can be. People like me are just to stubborn to throw money in another direction!

Injuneer just beat me to it, I was gonna suggest switching to another ignition that may be more friendly to your plans with the car.
    -Josh
    co-owner of BDBRacing.com
    NMCA OC 9004
    96, N/A 385, Holley EFI, Faceplated M6, AI TFS heads, LE SR cam, MWC Fab 9
    10.16 @ 136 1.50 60'........still workin on that 60' shootin for 1.4's!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 96LT1355Z28 For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Chris P. Bacon
    Vehicle
    1994 Firebird Formula

I thought about doing that, but it seems like rather than swap to LS coils I can spend not much more and buy the whole LQ.

'94 Formula 6spd

10 Second N/A Club

Status
    Name
    Josh
    Vehicle
    96 Z28

That's going to involve a PCM/wiring change (which can be picked up with a complete engine), motor mount and bell housing conversion, and I'm not sure if the LS PCM can controll the LT style cluster. Don't get me wrong it can and has been done and I'm sure you already know it's more than just a Saturday swap!
    -Josh
    co-owner of BDBRacing.com
    NMCA OC 9004
    96, N/A 385, Holley EFI, Faceplated M6, AI TFS heads, LE SR cam, MWC Fab 9
    10.16 @ 136 1.50 60'........still workin on that 60' shootin for 1.4's!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 96LT1355Z28 For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Chris P. Bacon
    Vehicle
    1994 Firebird Formula

Quote Originally Posted by 96LT1355Z28 View Post
    That's going to involve a PCM/wiring change (which can be picked up with a complete engine), motor mount and bell housing conversion, and I'm not sure if the LS PCM can controll the LT style cluster. Don't get me wrong it can and has been done and I'm sure you already know it's more than just a Saturday swap!
    I might just have a custom harness made because I only need the running motor, I don't need or want any of the wiring for the dash stuff (other than gauges), I just need the motor to run really.

I would really like to get a tubular k-member when I do the swap to save some weight, but that's $$ so we'll see. Yeah I know it's not just a quick swap, but in the long run its worth it to me to deal with one big headache now rather than many as it keeps leaving me stranded.

'94 Formula 6spd

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Chris P. Bacon
    Vehicle
    1994 Firebird Formula

looks like my fuel pump crapped out. tried starting it and the pump isn't priming. i don't know if this caused the no start or just happens to be happening at the same time. i planned to upgrade it anyway before i sprayed it and the 355 will have a mechanical pump so i guess that's not too big of a deal.

'94 Formula 6spd

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

or...u figure u found this prob to save u the headache of the swap...just in time. Fix it...and hope it works...

Larry (Popo8) Co-owner
    LTXtech.com

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

"The Hammer"

Status
    Name
    JimmyMo
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 96LT1355Z28 View Post
    Unless he's having a custom bellhousing made, it's more than just a bellhousing conversion. LS transmission input shafts are longer than LT/SBC input shafts. At a minimum it would require a new input shaft and front cover. LS t56's are hydraulic throwout bearing as well (vs our pull fork style), so you're looking at a new slave and clutch set.
    "Only in the Corps can you put three guys in a room with an anvil and a rubber mallet, come back 15 min later, and the anvil is broken, the rubber mallet is missing, and nobody saw a damned thing!"

Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast