Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: ASK A COP...

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Ok, i would have to say, if you have justified reason to file said restraining order I do not see why not. You are filing the restraining order to protect you from a person for where you are... not for where they are....

I would say yes, you can , and it does not matter whether its city, county , state etc... you file with your LOCAL.

But...if Im wrong... the worst they will tell you is, "Im sorry ma'am, you need to file with ________"

Quote Originally Posted by delilah andrews. View Post
    alright.. let me try again, sorry.

say I who lives in said town, want to file a restraining order against someone who lives in another town, which is considered county and me city, I guess.. who is "harassing" me. is that possible??
    and also, could I file one against someone who lives in another state?

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

2. The Following User Says Thank You to popo8 For This Post:

Mrs Big Perm

Status

okay, thank you for answering that!

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle

My pleasure.

Quote Originally Posted by delilah andrews. View Post
    okay, thank you for answering that!

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

MAD ABOUT LTX's

Status
    Name
    Mike
    Vehicle
    1993 Camaro Z/28 A4 2006 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 1970 Firebird Espirit, 1972 Camaro Sport Coupe

Popo try your best NOT to get in to giving legal advice because even if your 1000% right you and I both know that in court it can and quite often times change and with this being said I will address people who want to ask questions here, Law enforcement officers are NOT lawyers and so please keep this in mind when respectfully asking questions from them.
    STATE LAWS CHANGE FROM STATE TO STATE so keep that in mind too.
    So far the only LEO I have seen say anything is POPO and I know that there are others out there that can give their answer too but they may shy away from doing so because of not wanting to give legal advice ect.
    The thread was to ask a cop, you know like maybe the cop who lives next door to you a question so keep it in that light ok?
    I may have over stepped my bounds and if I have then please forgive me but I see this as a very valuable subject and dont want it going astray.
    If you don't stand behind our MIlitary then feel free to stand in front of them. <---- This is my oldest son (PROUD DAD HERE) Mike (just plain mad) Madman337 1993 Camaro Z/28 A4 all stock other than a muffler and LCAs @292K+ miles. 2006 Chevrolet Avalanche. 1970 Pontiac Firebird. 1972 Camaro, 1994 Corvette, ​17 Fusion Sport AWD V6 Twin Turbo

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Madman337 View Post
    I may have over stepped my bounds and if I have then please forgive me but I see this as a very valuable subject and dont want it going astray.
    Not at all man... in fact 90% or more of what you said is in the first post as INSTRUCTIONS to the thread.... its the people who chose to not read it, or that they know better that ignore it that cause issues.

As for giving legal advice... I specifically put the disclaimer in the first post so they would know that none of what I say is legal advice. And I dont mind being the only LEO who answers.... I will always stand by what I say, and if Im wrong, I will say Im wrong... but I wont post if I dont know.

Thanks man... and your all good.

MAD ABOUT LTX's

Status
    Name
    Mike
    Vehicle
    1993 Camaro Z/28 A4 2006 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 1970 Firebird Espirit, 1972 Camaro Sport Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by popo8 View Post
    Not at all man... in fact 90% or more of what you said is in the first post as INSTRUCTIONS to the thread.... its the people who chose to not read it, or that they know better that ignore it that cause issues.

As for giving legal advice... I specifically put the disclaimer in the first post so they would know that none of what I say is legal advice. And I dont mind being the only LEO who answers.... I will always stand by what I say, and if Im wrong, I will say Im wrong... but I wont post if I dont know.

Thanks man... and your all good.
    What I said was meant mostly for others but also you because your the kind of person who only wants to help, I can tell because back in the day when I wanted to wear a badge the thing with me was I wanted to be able to show up and say "Hi I am Mike and I am here to help" and damed near ever other cop I have ever met said the same thing so there seems to be a common thread amoungst coppers that have that in their heart. Its hard to stand by and see things that are wrong and not want to do something about it. Just do the best you can, you wont have a problem with this concept anyway
    If you don't stand behind our MIlitary then feel free to stand in front of them. <---- This is my oldest son (PROUD DAD HERE) Mike (just plain mad) Madman337 1993 Camaro Z/28 A4 all stock other than a muffler and LCAs @292K+ miles. 2006 Chevrolet Avalanche. 1970 Pontiac Firebird. 1972 Camaro, 1994 Corvette, ​17 Fusion Sport AWD V6 Twin Turbo

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Madman337 For This Post:

HAND HERPES

Quote Originally Posted by popo8 View Post
    LETS TRY THIS AGAIN (I ACCIDENTALLY DELETED MY LONG ANSWER)

You can not be guilty of running a red light, when you go through under yellow...

With that being said, in some states, not yeilding to a YELLOW light is an offense on its own.

Entering an intersection is judged by any part of the vehicle breaking the plane of the white stop bar... however if its that close when you do it, you better hope the Officer saw the same perspective as you did... because lets be honest. People look at the same event and see completley different things, and when it comes down to it.... it will be what the Officer saw.

Since your young, and still fairly new to driving, Im going to make you aware of something.... when you see that light turn yellow, and you hammer through, you may clear the yellow light and be safe... HOWEVER, not only did you not YEILD to the yellow, but now you most likely were SPEEDING, and if no speed timing devices were used in that area, a section called DRIVING AT SAFE SPEEDS, can be utilized and all that is required is the Officer's ability to explain how in his/her professional opinion , based on ____years of experience could ascertain that the vehicle was traveling at a speed that was unsafe for the roadways.

SOooooooooooooooo, with that being said.... Dont run RED lights!
    Good answer, thank you.

How do those speed timing devices work?

MAD ABOUT LTX's

Status
    Name
    Mike
    Vehicle

Police,Soldiers, EMT's, Fireman and more all serve without fanfare recognition ect and they do it because they are called to serve and we as those who they serve need to recognize this and respect them for it.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Madman337 For This Post:

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by xBrandonx View Post
    Good answer, thank you.

Cant give up everything.... Esp not with u being a local.

Larry (Popo8) Co-owner
    LTXtech.com

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Ben
    Vehicle
    1997 Z28 (SS clone)

Quote Originally Posted by popo8:301999
    Quote Originally Posted by xBrandonx View Post
    Good answer, thank you.

Cant give up everything.... Esp not with u being a local.

Larry (Popo8) Co-owner
    LTXtech.com
    oh snap...now for the real question...would you give him a ticket knowing he is a ltx member?

Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast