Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 1 of 56 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: ASK A COP...

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Default ASK A COP...

In light of recent questions that have been asked regarding answers that could only be provided by those in Law Enforcement, I thought... why not make a place for people to ask questions to Law Enforcement Officers/officials.

Some of you may, or may not realize that we have quite a few people in the Law Enforcement, "business."

Feel free to post questions right in this thread, I will subscribe to it, and will get email notifications instantly when posted in. I will do my best to get you an answer, or give you my best opinion, and I support the other Law Enforcement related members to do the same here.

DISCLAIMER: Unless otherwise mentioned, I nor any of the people answering questions are registered or licensed attorneys. All information and answers given should be taken as the opinions of the individuals providing that information. LTXtech.com or its owners/administrators/moderators/sponsors/etc are not responsible for any of the opinions which are provided to those requesting.

(I reserve the right to delete, off topic, or irrelevant comments or posts in this thread).
    Last edited by popo8; 03-02-2013 at 09:48 PM.

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

Founding Member

Status

I'm guessing that you see a lot of instances where the punishment does not fit the crime. Assuming you ran the world, give me...

3 laws you would increase the punishment?

3 laws you would decrease?

Accompany with the reasons behind your thinking, please.
    Last edited by Tyler Wheat; 03-01-2013 at 11:04 PM.

1997 Camaro Z28

Lots of visual horsepower, full bolt-ons, and a little spray....

Quote Originally Posted by quik95lt1 View Post
    yea so back to the tune..........do what i said before you make yourself a paperweight lol

HAND HERPES

FINALLY.... (I'm sure I could get this from Google but coming straight from a cop is better)

If the light is yellow and you try to make it but it turns red after the white line, are you running a red light?

I have more, I just can't think of them.

VIP Member

Status

Quote Originally Posted by xBrandonx View Post
    FINALLY.... (I'm sure I could get this from Google but coming straight from a cop is better)

If the light is yellow and you try to make it but it turns red after the white line, are you running a red light?

Your supposed to stop for the yellow unless there it isn't physically possible. But if you were in the intersection before the light turned my understanding was your in the clear.

Prev: 94 Formula V8 M6 - R.I.P. / 96 Trans Am WS6 M6 - Sold / 00 Firebird 3.8 M5 - Sold
    Current: 94 Camaro Z28 A4
    Jesse

LTX Master

Status

LOL, I almost thought it wouldn't happen, but here it is... I'm not a LEO so I won't try to answer anything but I'm glad the thread has come around since POPO is fairly close to me and I have posted a couple recent law-regarding issues. Hopefully this thread will help some of you realize that sometimes it is easier to lean back and just take certain things. PICK YOU'RE BATTLES is what I'm getting at at...
    MATT

95 Z28 - Forged 383 LT1, Performabuilt Stage 2 4L60E w/3200 stall, Pacesetter LT's & ORY with a stockish exhaust (E-cutout soon to come!)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 95z28man For This Post:

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by xBrandonx View Post

LETS TRY THIS AGAIN (I ACCIDENTALLY DELETED MY LONG ANSWER)

You can not be guilty of running a red light, when you go through under yellow...

With that being said, in some states, not yeilding to a YELLOW light is an offense on its own.

Entering an intersection is judged by any part of the vehicle breaking the plane of the white stop bar... however if its that close when you do it, you better hope the Officer saw the same perspective as you did... because lets be honest. People look at the same event and see completley different things, and when it comes down to it.... it will be what the Officer saw.

Since your young, and still fairly new to driving, Im going to make you aware of something.... when you see that light turn yellow, and you hammer through, you may clear the yellow light and be safe... HOWEVER, not only did you not YEILD to the yellow, but now you most likely were SPEEDING, and if no speed timing devices were used in that area, a section called DRIVING AT SAFE SPEEDS, can be utilized and all that is required is the Officer's ability to explain how in his/her professional opinion , based on ____years of experience could ascertain that the vehicle was traveling at a speed that was unsafe for the roadways.

SOooooooooooooooo, with that being said.... Dont run RED lights!

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

LTX Master

Status

Quote Originally Posted by popo8 View Post
    LETS TRY THIS AGAIN (I ACCIDENTALLY DELETED MY LONG ANSWER)

You can not be guilty of running a red light, when you go through under yellow...

With that being said, in some states, not yeilding to a YELLOW light is an offense on its own.

Entering an intersection is judged by any part of the vehicle breaking the plane of the white stop bar... however if its that close when you do it, you better hope the Officer saw the same perspective as you did... because lets be honest. People look at the same event and see completley different things, and when it comes down to it.... it will be what the Officer saw.

Since your young, and still fairly new to driving, Im going to make you aware of something.... when you see that light turn yellow, and you hammer through, you may clear the yellow light and be safe... HOWEVER, not only did you not YEILD to the yellow, but now you most likely were SPEEDING, and if no speed timing devices were used in that area, a section called DRIVING AT SAFE SPEEDS, can be utilized and all that is required is the Officer's ability to explain how in his/her professional opinion , based on ____years of experience could ascertain that the vehicle was traveling at a speed that was unsafe for the roadways.

SOooooooooooooooo, with that being said.... Dont run RED lights!
    Do you see what I'm getting at here??? MANY things are considered by the LAW(which is what matters), compared to what people have "heard" is legal by others...
    MATT

95 Z28 - Forged 383 LT1, Performabuilt Stage 2 4L60E w/3200 stall, Pacesetter LT's & ORY with a stockish exhaust (E-cutout soon to come!)

LTX Master

Status

Quote Originally Posted by NuckinFutz93 View Post
    I know POPO started this thread to help other, but it's shaping up to be something TOTALLY different!
    Haha, I see what you're saying. Hopefully the thread sticks around, he is only trying to help people with LEO specific questions... I know some joke responses will be expected, but at least for me, anything POPO has to say will be taken to heart since I live in his state and may have to deal with it at some point in my life... even the guys in other states though should at least be wary of what a close LEO has to tell them for personal experiences.
    MATT

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 95z28man For This Post:

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle

The thread that prompted this one.

I will lock this thread, but wanted to keep it in case others had similar questions. The conversation can now spill over to this thread.

The topic was CONCEALED CARRY QUESTION

http://ltxtech.com/forums/showthread...carry-question

LTX Master

Status

And that was MY thread for anyone wondering. And I got the answers I needed, so PLEASE, if you have a serious question post it HERE, where not only POPO, but any LEO in YOUR area may see it, so that you can find the answer you seek quickly and thoroughly...
    MATT

13. The Following User Says Thank You to 95z28man For This Post:

Page 1 of 56 123451151 ... LastLast