Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 49 of 56 FirstFirst ... 39454647484950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: ASK A COP...

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Quote Originally Posted by Slow 30th View Post
    We can't have neons or anything like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well if there is an actual law. Then hes in the wrong. Do u know the violation code?

Im not only an LTXtech member... Im also the Owner.

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Johnny
    Vehicle
    1994 formula A4

speaking of lights, I have asked several officers in my area (Tennessee) about aftermarket HIDs and why they dont right tickets for them being so blinding and bright and they always tell me that they are legal.....
    How in the world can lights so bright that I cannot see my lane of the road from the glare be legal??? I hear people all the time complaining about it but that seems to be as far as it goes. And to make matters worse I live in a town full of nose high lifted trucks witch ALL have HIDs and at least 1 out of 10 normal vehicles you pass will also have HIDs in the factory headlight housings.
    Im just getting sick of it and fixing to get a frekin hid spotlight or something and aim it into on coming traffic to work with my high beams.

sorry just ranting

3. The Following User Says Thank You to fullforce For This Post:

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle

In pa the aftermarket ones are illegalm. Maybe they didnt understand ir question and they thought u were referring to factory hids that come from the factory with them.

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by fullforce View Post
    speaking of lights, I have asked several officers in my area (Tennessee) about aftermarket HIDs and why they dont right tickets for them being so blinding and bright and they always tell me that they are legal.....
    How in the world can lights so bright that I cannot see my lane of the road from the glare be legal??? I hear people all the time complaining about it but that seems to be as far as it goes. And to make matters worse I live in a town full of nose high lifted trucks witch ALL have HIDs and at least 1 out of 10 normal vehicles you pass will also have HIDs in the factory headlight housings.
    Im just getting sick of it and fixing to get a frekin hid spotlight or something and aim it into on coming traffic to work with my high beams.

sorry just ranting
    Fyi... if u do ur plan and someone gets hurt, u will most likely be arrested. I would advise against it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to popo8 For This Post:

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Dylan
    Vehicle
    97 camaro z28 30th anniversary

Only permissible aftermarket lights on civilian vehicles is an illumination sign on certain delivery vehicles (see § 46.2-1021.1. below).

You may not use underbody lights while driving, but you may still use it while not on a public road. In that case make sure to avoid using colors red and blue on any aftermarket lights installed on your car, and ensure they are not flashing or rotating.

Additional restriction in VA laws requires underglow to be covered as well as unlit, and due to this impracticality we do not recommend installing underglow or any other aftermarket lighting on your car.

Then goes on to say more less no extra light that aren't factory unless they are covered and not being used. No aftermarket light and no smoking or tenting. But can't find the one on no lights that can be a destruction to others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle

I dont see anythimg about reflective... or glow in the dark... or flourecant colors...

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Johnny
    Vehicle
    1994 formula A4

Quote Originally Posted by popo8 View Post
    In pa the aftermarket ones are illegalm. Maybe they didnt understand ir question and they thought u were referring to factory hids that come from the factory with them.

Oh no they definitely understood the question, they just don't know the law and I don't either.
    Modifying vehicles has never been an issue here but blinding people at night is a Hazzard.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to fullforce For This Post:

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle

Well idk what to say. If u know a local cop, Id address him/her for clarification. Saying a reflector is illegal does not make sense to me.

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Mike Storm "Stormy"
    Vehicle
    1995 Trans Am
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fullforce View Post

sorry just ranting
    I hear you there . I looked up head light laws and they are not legal nor are the colored ones must only be white . Thing is they say they are DOT aproved. And thats the confusion. Most of those bukbs are designed to be in a reflector or housing they are designed for. Not retro fitted or modified. A lot I dont see how in the royal fuc those ingrates can go and do that. Dont they know that people are being blinded by lights that should only be used on a road with no one around. Or off road. And yes I think that if the cops could they would be pulling more of them over as well as those ya hoos with the too wide for my truck rims and tires.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

1995 Trans Am - CAI - TB coolant bypass - Headers & Performance Muffler - Poly mounts - stock LT1/A4 - 13.3 1/4 - 1.9 60 foot , driven daily.
    2008 C6 Corvette LS3 Snake charmer Ram Air intake. 6 Speed Switchable mild to wild exhaust.
    2002 Silverado LT Extd Cab Z71 5.3 A4 Composite Bed Stock

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Stormyweather For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Mike Storm "Stormy"
    Vehicle
    1995 Trans Am
    Blog Entries

Oh and most HIDs are designed to be in a reflector to reflector style housing or with a differant lense or both.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Stormyweather; 05-15-2017 at 10:51 PM.

1995 Trans Am - CAI - TB coolant bypass - Headers & Performance Muffler - Poly mounts - stock LT1/A4 - 13.3 1/4 - 1.9 60 foot , driven daily.
    2008 C6 Corvette LS3 Snake charmer Ram Air intake. 6 Speed Switchable mild to wild exhaust.
    2002 Silverado LT Extd Cab Z71 5.3 A4 Composite Bed Stock

Page 49 of 56 FirstFirst ... 39454647484950515253 ... LastLast