Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Speed density

How do you remove the memcal chip? I geuss i need to do a lot more reading...its hard finding info on these old dinosaurs.

MAD ABOUT LTX's

Status
    Name
    Mike
    Vehicle
    1993 Camaro Z/28 A4 2006 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 1970 Firebird Espirit, 1972 Camaro Sport Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by lrdlt265 View Post
    How do you remove the memcal chip? I geuss i need to do a lot more reading...its hard finding info on these old dinosaurs.
    Pull PCM out and lay it on its back and pull the bracket its attached to off and remove the cover, once the memcal cover is off there are 2 clips holding the memcal in and all you do is push them down and pull the chip asy out.
    Moates.net has good info on this stuff and there are some great write ups here as well in the pcm tuning section but yeah if your going to do this then you better do what I have been doing and start reading, you will be better off.
    If you don't stand behind our MIlitary then feel free to stand in front of them. <---- This is my oldest son (PROUD DAD HERE) Mike (just plain mad) Madman337 1993 Camaro Z/28 A4 all stock other than a muffler and LCAs @292K+ miles. 2006 Chevrolet Avalanche. 1970 Pontiac Firebird. 1972 Camaro, 1994 Corvette, ​17 Fusion Sport AWD V6 Twin Turbo

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

Two 10mm bolts remove the computer from its mounting point. 10mm nuts hold the ECM into the mounting cradle on the sides. Remove the ECM from the cradle, flip over to see the access panel. There are four 7mm bolts holding the cover plate on. Once in you'll see the memcal chip. There are two white latches on either end. Push those down and away from the chip and it pops up and free. BE SURE TO NOTE THE ORIENTATION.

Posted from my Rooted and ICS'd Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Stout View Post
    I would try to work my neck muscles but I'm not invited to the LS guy parties.

MAD ABOUT LTX's

Status
    Name
    Mike
    Vehicle
    1993 Camaro Z/28 A4 2006 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 1970 Firebird Espirit, 1972 Camaro Sport Coupe

When I did mine the cover bolts were actually 1/4 inch because the 7mm socket I had ready to go for it was too big, I dunno if its just mine but the bolts look factory.
    If you don't stand behind our MIlitary then feel free to stand in front of them. <---- This is my oldest son (PROUD DAD HERE) Mike (just plain mad) Madman337 1993 Camaro Z/28 A4 all stock other than a muffler and LCAs @292K+ miles. 2006 Chevrolet Avalanche. 1970 Pontiac Firebird. 1972 Camaro, 1994 Corvette, ​17 Fusion Sport AWD V6 Twin Turbo

Sweet thanks guys. Im thinking about ordering the ostrich 2. Since it seems to make it a hell of a lot easier.

How much for the cable?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12