Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Thread: Need headers!

Default Need headers!

So I'm wondering if anyone has seen any 1 3/4 long tube headers for my LTX swap in my 91 Camaro? All I can find are a bunch of shorty headers. If anyone knows where I should look to get some please let me know.
    Thanks Chris

Any small block chevy header should bolt up, but be sure to get the ones with the "D" shaped ports as that is what style port is on an lt1 head. HOWEVER that is going to be hard to find. I know there are a lot of guys that run standard oval port sbc headers on thier lt1's with no issues. The oval port covers more than the D port on the head so there is no loss in flow. So basically any 91 camaro sbc header will work!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by zmm95; 02-01-2013 at 12:18 AM.

Yeah I know but the only ones I can find for long tubes are Doug's headers and they are way too much money, just don't wanna pay $600 for headers

InActive Member

Status
    Vehicle
    1993 Firebird Formula

I wish my headers had only been $600!
    1993 Firebird Formula M6 -- Mostly stock for now...

Lol yeah, I think I'm just gonna pick up the hedmen long tube d ports for $250 on summit, there 1 5/8 though so I hope that will be big enough for my LT1

"The Hammer"

Status
    Name
    JimmyMo
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 91lt1fbody View Post
    Lol yeah, I think I'm just gonna pick up the hedmen long tube d ports for $250 on summit, there 1 5/8 though so I hope that will be big enough for my LT1
    1 5/8 will be plenty big. You can actually hurt yourself if you put too big a primary on it. You won't have enough volume of exhaust gas to keep the velocity up and can wind up hurting the performance of your engine.

What size/hp engine are you putting those on?
    "Only in the Corps can you put three guys in a room with an anvil and a rubber mallet, come back 15 min later, and the anvil is broken, the rubber mallet is missing, and nobody saw a damned thing!"

Lt1 stock bore, pistons, and rods, le cam, ported 643 heads, and gm dual plane intake with a 750 carb

Ok so I'm gonna get the Doug's long tubes ceramic coated 1 3/4, there $630 but there nice. Has anyone had any experience with these? How is ground clearance, and is it possible to make a y pipe on a third gen that's all 3 in