Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    "The Hammer"

Status
    Name
    JimmyMo
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by NuckinFutz93 View Post
    All 6spd cars have the D44. Most of them came with 3.45 gears aswell. The main worry about the 6 spd cars are the dual mass flywheel. They are discountiued. The aftermarket offerings make for a noisey rattling noise. You will have to change to a push type clutch set up instead of the pull stock type.
    You do not have to change to a push style clutch. The reason you get the rattling noise, is because the easiest solution is to switch to a single mass flywheel, which takes away the dampening effect the DM flywheel gave (and why it was used), which then causes the trans to rattle at idle due to the gear teeth being straight cut, has nothing to do with the clutch itself.
    "Only in the Corps can you put three guys in a room with an anvil and a rubber mallet, come back 15 min later, and the anvil is broken, the rubber mallet is missing, and nobody saw a damned thing!"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 94Blackbird For This Post:

All great info, glad to hear the ZF6 cars have Dana44's. I also heard about the blue and black tag transmissions, good info there as well. But I wonder if my Ram HD clutch from the T56 could be used, I read somewhere you have to have it milled down but it could work. It's grabby down low, but holds very nicely with a reasonable pedal.

I live near El Paso, TX, but thanks for the offer! I'm testing driving a C4 tomorrow that's in my price range, got some decent mods, but it's not the color or interior I prefer. The one I really like is in California, but if I don't fix overdrive in the truck I won't be towing that home anytime soon, I've spent all day screwing with it, now I'm down to the OD solenoid or a seal that pushed out.
    1994 Z28 383ci - Jake's 4L80 - Moser 9" [LE2 heads and LE cam - 121mph @5500DA]
    1995 Corvette 350ci - ZF6 - Dana 44 [GTP heads - XE503 - RamHD]
    1997 Ram 2500 - tractor motor - duel spinners - chimnie mod

"The Hammer"

Status
    Name
    JimmyMo
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Bersaglieri View Post
    All great info, I wonder if my Ram HD clutch from the T56 could be used, I read somewhere you have to have it milled down but it could work...

I live near El Paso, TX, but thanks for the offer! I'm testing driving a C4 tomorrow that's in my price range, got some decent mods, but it's not the color or interior I prefer. The one I really like is in California, but if I don't fix overdrive in the truck I won't be towing that home anytime soon, I've spent all day screwing with it, now I'm down to the OD solenoid or a seal that pushed out.
    What a lot of guys do, is they take a stock LT1 f body flywheel and have it milled 90 thousands because of clearancing issues caused by an unmolested unit. The only changes to the pressure plate you would need to make are to get the correct throw out bearing. Corvettes and F bodies have different bearings, but other wise, from what I've seen of other guys conversions, everything else should bolt right up and be good to go. I've also heard of guys getting stock 4+3 flywheels and having those bolt right in with no modification required.
    "Only in the Corps can you put three guys in a room with an anvil and a rubber mallet, come back 15 min later, and the anvil is broken, the rubber mallet is missing, and nobody saw a damned thing!"

Hmm, what about my Hays billet flywheel? I guess I'll get into that more once I get one...

"The Hammer"

Status
    Name
    JimmyMo
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

Hmm, what about my Hays billet flywheel? I guess I'll get into that more once I get one...
    I think you'd have to measure it, but I don't see a reason why it couldn't be made to work. The only thing you'd have to watch out for there is if it was for an externally or internally balanced engine.

I'd be using it on the same motor I already have. The motor from the 95 is set to go into the upcoming Vette, then the Camaro gets the Vette's stock motor and then sold.

"The Hammer"

Status
    Name
    JimmyMo
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

I'd be using it on the same motor I already have. The motor from the 95 is set to go into the upcoming Vette, then the Camaro gets the Vette's stock motor and then sold.
    You would either have to have the flywheel shaved 90 thou or clearence the clutch fork (it rubs with stock camaro flywheel and clutch disc. Have heard that running a stock corvette clutch disc will alleviate the rubbing) or there is another clutch fork pivot that is supposedly out there that will swap in and get the fork away from the PP.
    Last edited by 94Blackbird; 12-27-2012 at 09:15 AM.

I drove my first C4 today. It wasn't exactly what I was looking for, but I needed to 'break the seal' and drive one before continuing my search. Long story short, I'm sold on them.

The car wraps around you but you can still view everything you need to. You guys talked about fitting three pedals down there. We'll it looked tight, but I never noticed it being cramped or a distraction while driving around. The ZF6 is much nicer to drive than the T56 in my opinion. The thing basically finds 3rd on it's own and is buttery smooth, everything I'd expect from a Corvette. The handling was far better than my 95 Camaro with a PHB/LCA/32mm sway. It almost begged to take turns at lose your license speed. I liked the interior and the way things were organized. The parking brake was weird, the way it retracts back down, but it makes sense. Even with a factory LT1 the car felt zippy. That combined with the weight and smaller size compared to a Fbody made it seem quick and responsive. I can only imagine what it'll be like with a 450hp LT1 up front. So I've got one picked out and tomorrow I'm going to make a final decision on it. I'll post up what happens.

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

I drove my first C4 today. It wasn't exactly what I was looking for, but I needed to 'break the seal' and drive one before continuing my search. Long story short, I'm sold on them.

The car wraps around you but you can still view everything you need to. You guys talked about fitting three pedals down there. We'll it looked tight, but I never noticed it being cramped or a distraction while driving around. The ZF6 is much nicer to drive than the T56 in my opinion. The thing basically finds 3rd on it's own and is buttery smooth, everything I'd expect from a Corvette. The handling was far better than my 95 Camaro with a PHB/LCA/32mm sway. It almost begged to take turns at lose your license speed. I liked the interior and the way things were organized. The parking brake was weird, the way it retracts back down, but it makes sense. Even with a factory LT1 the car felt zippy. That combined with the weight and smaller size compared to a Fbody made it seem quick and responsive. I can only imagine what it'll be like with a 450hp LT1 up front. So I've got one picked out and tomorrow I'm going to make a final decision on it. I'll post up what happens.
    Let us see pics with u....

Larry (Popo8) Co-owner
    LTXtech.com

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

"The Hammer"

Status
    Name
    JimmyMo
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

The ZF6 is much nicer to drive than the T56 in my opinion. The thing basically finds 3rd on it's own and is buttery smooth, everything I'd expect from a Corvette.
    That's part of the reason why I'm swapping a ZF into my firebird. Plus, being straight cut, they are far stronger than a t56. I also caught a deal, and I'm up about 250 bucks on the ZF vs having the t56 I sold out of my car built.
    Last edited by 94Blackbird; 12-27-2012 at 09:13 PM.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast