Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Page 1 of 225 123451151101 ... LastLast
    "The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Default What Grinds My Gears....

Not sure if we have a thread like this or not... but figured, maybe a thread based on things that really annoy us as individuals could be fun....

If you dont get the idea... HERE:

EDIT:

DOH... I didnt watch it till the end till after it was posted

NSFW language at the end....

Ill replace it next time Im on my computer.

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

What really grinds my gears... is when I am polite and a gentleman and I open the door and hold it for people..... because I clearly got there first, and we are going the same place, yet when we get inside, they get in line ahead of me, without even offering..."go ahead, you wouldve been before me...if you werent so damn nice..."

Happened everyday this week at the post office as I went with a large bag of packages (evil opti hoodies) in my hands.... I would still stop and open the door and allow others ahead of me... then when inside... Im behind them in line....
    I dont even want to go ahead of them... I just want to know they appreciated me holding the door, either cause they were older than dirt...or their hands were full, etc....

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

3. The Following User Says Thank You to popo8 For This Post:

LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    Marc
    Vehicle
    1995 Formula

Similar to you, but just holding the door for someone and they just look at you as they go in or out and not even say a dam thing! RUDE!
    1995 FORMULA M6

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 95 blackbird For This Post:

When I'm sitting at a 2 way stop sign and people stop who don't have a sign... it's worse when they wave me out like their baiting me into an accident, then the fun begins.

Happened 4 times in the last week. One of those folks almost got smeared by an 18 wheeler. He barely made it around them on the shoulder.
    1994 Z28 383ci - Jake's 4L80 - Moser 9" [LE2 heads and LE cam - 121mph @5500DA]
    1995 Corvette 350ci - ZF6 - Dana 44 [GTP heads - XE503 - RamHD]
    1997 Ram 2500 - tractor motor - duel spinners - chimnie mod

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bersaglieri For This Post:

"The Hammer"

Status
    Name
    JimmyMo
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

What really grinds my gears is the idiots who try to commit suicide by truck. They like to get up really close behind me like they are going to make me move. To put this a little into perspective, I drive a 1 ton dually. It's usually the people in the little econo box crush can cars that try to push me. I wonder sometimes if people really value their lives or is natural selection trying really, really hard to thin out the herd?
    "Only in the Corps can you put three guys in a room with an anvil and a rubber mallet, come back 15 min later, and the anvil is broken, the rubber mallet is missing, and nobody saw a damned thing!"

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 94Blackbird For This Post:

"The Hammer"

Status
    Name
    JimmyMo
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Bersaglieri View Post
    When I'm sitting at a 2 way stop sign and people stop who don't have a sign... it's worse when they wave me out like their baiting me into an accident, then the fun begins.

Happened 4 times in the last week. One of those folks almost got smeared by an 18 wheeler. He barely made it around them on the shoulder.
    Those kind of drivers really do need to get smeared. It would make the road a safer place for all of us.
    "Only in the Corps can you put three guys in a room with an anvil and a rubber mallet, come back 15 min later, and the anvil is broken, the rubber mallet is missing, and nobody saw a damned thing!"

Quote Originally Posted by 94Blackbird View Post
    Those kind of drivers really do need to get smeared. It would make the road a safer place for all of us.
    I was going to call in a DUI last night on the way to dinner with my girl, I drove up beside them to see if they were passing out or something....nope, younger girl texting while doing 75mph on the highway.

Some how the herd never thins, in fact it seems to be getting bigger

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bersaglieri For This Post:

"The Hammer"

Status
    Name
    JimmyMo
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

I was going to call in a DUI last night on the way to dinner with my girl, I drove up beside them to see if they were passing out or something....nope, younger girl texting while doing 75mph on the highway.

Some how the herd never thins, in fact it seems to be getting bigger
    I think it's because it's not legal to shoot stupid people anymore. Or otherwise cause them permanent harm. If it were me, I would have called it in, that's still impaired, even if they haven't had a drop to drink.

I was going to if she hadn't gotten off the 'College' exit, she'd be home in bed before they'd even come close to finding her.

Man I've got plenty of driving 'grinds my gears' I guess that's where my anger lives ...I left a "Dear Fellow Motorist" note on a truck who had 3 of his 4 tires outside of his parking space. That isn't a huge problem unless 2 of those are in my parking space and literally 3/4" from my girlfriend's car. Just a lack of common courtesy... I never dealt with this stuff until I moved from the sticks to a more urban area.

"The Hammer"

Status
    Name
    JimmyMo
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

I was going to if she hadn't gotten off the 'College' exit, she'd be home in bed before they'd even come close to finding her.

Man I've got plenty of driving 'grinds my gears' I guess that's where my anger lives ...I left a "Dear Fellow Motorist" note on a truck who had 3 of his 4 tires outside of his parking space. That isn't a huge problem unless 2 of those are in my parking space and literally 3/4" from my girlfriend's car. Just a lack of common courtesy... I never dealt with this stuff until I moved from the sticks to a more urban area.
    yeah, it sucks living anywhere that is built up. No one has any respect for anyone else.

As far as the girl goes, that's when you make the call and have your girlfriend get video evidence. I know the local PD around the base I was stationed was always real interested in pics/vids of people messing with their cell phones while driving, especially if you could get the plate and the person in the same pic/vid.

I do get a little revenge in my own way though, when I drive home from school, my exit is on the left, so I just get in the left lane and set the cruise control about 62/63 and ride it out. Once I'm in that lane, I don't have to get out of it pretty much until I get home, which leads to hilarity as people who are in a hurry try and push me out of the way. Most people figure it out pretty quick that I'm not going to get out of the way, but every so often I get that one dumb ass who just can't figure it out. It's not like the highways are super packed either, and we are already going over the speed limit, so I feel no obligation to get out of the way when someone who is late comes barrelling up behind me doing 70-75 or more. Poor planning on their part does not constitute an emergency on my part.

Page 1 of 225 123451151101 ... LastLast