Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: sc with a bov?

VIP Member

Status
    Name
    CHRIS
    Vehicle
    94 CAMARO.

food for thought. With the stiffer spring the valve may not open fast enough to keep compressor surge from happening when the throttle blades shut at a high rpm. If you have any doubt. Connect a psi gauge to the discharge side of the supercharger.
    http://ltxtech.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3572&dateline=1317253  626

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by BIG CAT View Post
    food for thought. With the stiffer spring the valve may not open fast enough to keep compressor surge from happening when the throttle blades shut at a high rpm. If you have any doubt. Connect a psi gauge to the discharge side of the supercharger.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1fstss View Post
    theres a reason the guys running huge blowers in competition are using the ATI race instead of a blow off valves...
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbirdws6 View Post
    +1. No need to overthink it unless you are looking to save every last penny.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    dear god just put the bypass valve on it... that way your ensured to have the proper spring pressure so that your bypass is always open... last thing you want in a blower car is to back feed the head unit because you wanted Cool turbo sounds brah. i personally run the ATI race bypass, mine is the full open one and i love it. is there really another reason you would want to run a Blow off valve over a bypass valve other than to be different? just run your bypass, it'll be right the 1st time...
    I'm just gonna say this. Most of the BOV's come with multiple springs. My JGS came with three. If ANY vacuum was present with the light spring, the valve was open. Someone please explain to me how that is any different from Supercharger specific bypass valves. I'm all ears here because in my mind, it's functioning the same, the two are interchangeable, you just have to find the right internal spring pressure.

i mean do what ya wish... but id trust what the pro's are doing... and the R&D that procharger/ vortech have done to develop these bypass valves... they spent the money to get the proper spring pressure, i spent over 2000 on My F1A im not about to risk cashing it out because i wanted to be different. i know at the end of the day ill have no worries with my Procharger bypass... and with your blow off valve is it all the way open? is it bleeding enough off? i know when i had a cracked vacuum line my bypass was open, but i was still getting compressor surge because it wasnt bleeding enough pressure off.
    1997 SS- 30th #80 SS #455 383, F1A, nitrous
    http://www.gmhightechperformance.com...ler_ghtp_1203/

1995 Z28- 14:1, 355, Beer can on 4 wheels.

InActive Member

Status
    Vehicle
    1995 camaro z28

dear god just put the bypass valve on it... that way your ensured to have the proper spring pressure so that your bypass is always open... last thing you want in a blower car is to back feed the head unit because you wanted Cool turbo sounds brah. i personally run the ATI race bypass, mine is the full open one and i love it. is there really another reason you would want to run a Blow off valve over a bypass valve other than to be different? just run your bypass, it'll be right the 1st time...
    reason i want to run one is not for the cool turbo sounds brahh, but cus the intake tube from the intercooler has the flange for it. the bypass i have with the kit hangs on a hose and i dont like that. i dont plan on keeping my car supercharged for long, just for the summer pretty much. i want to run a turbo set up and by buying and using a bov now, would be one less thing id need to buy later on wen moneys tight.
    1995 z28, 4l80, forged 396, v1 t trim, #82, spearco fmic, 58mm tb, pacesetter lt, borla, FULL suspension, 12 bolt w. 3.90 THE TOY
    1991 240sx coupe, sr20det, greddy intake, nismo 550cc, garrett t28, fmic, hks bov, mines tune ​DAILY

im familiar with the hanging tube style thats how my 1st bypass was from procharger with my P1SC it worked just fine untill i put the F1A on so i replaced it at that same time. its your car so the end decision is yours.
    1997 SS- 30th #80 SS #455 383, F1A, nitrous
    http://www.gmhightechperformance.com...ler_ghtp_1203/

1995 Z28- 14:1, 355, Beer can on 4 wheels.

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

I had the hanging one also....

And with the smaller pulley on my P1 it wasnt bleedimg off pressure fast enough during the last tunning sessions.

That is y we decided to add the large flange and Mondo instead...

Larry (Popo8) Co-owner
    LTXtech.com

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12