Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by CamaroZGuy View Post
    wow! your progress makes me look lazy! i have had a short block sitting in my car for about 2 weeks and still have yet to pull it.

and welcome to the site!
    Lol yea I'm sort of impatient... also have my second son due in Feb so if its not on the road by then it will be a while lol.

And get that thing outta there! Jk. I know what ya mean though. Work, second work, prego wife, kid, and other crap hard to find time. Mostly late nights and make up for it with a couple Red bulls in the morning lol. Gotta just keep thinking how nice it will be to drive it again!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

It could be caused be several issues the engine mount is one, but here are some others, a bad spark plug a dirty stuck egr device a stuck start evap canister purge valve, and it may need a track up plugs cables and throttle plate cleaned up.check to make sure air filter is complete screwed down, and check tubes from the air filter housing for leaks, especially if you just had a recent oil change.

Lurker

Status
    Vehicle
    1995 Pontiac Firehawk #528

Quote Originally Posted by Dhayes View Post
    Found that the trans was filled with gear oil instead of the recommend atf should I be worried?
    Well you should definitely drain that and flush a few times with ATF. If things are shifting okay, you probably will be fine with just draining it and flushing/driving it with ATF a few times. Gear oil doesn't have the proper friction additives that allow the synchros to function as intended, and can cause grinding and other shifting problems. Don't think this had anything to do with the vibration though.

Yea that's what I did. Drained and flushed with atf. Shifts nice and smooth so don't think it caused any issues.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234