Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    "The Hammer"

Status
    Name
    JimmyMo
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Fastbird View Post
    I'd say fix the plug wires stuff first, ensure everything is copacetic in the ignition system so you can rule out simple misfires at certain RPM's/Loads. Especially if it does it when free revving sitting still. If it was engine unbalance, you should feel it everywhere.
    ^This. I had a burnt spark plug wire once, and it made the car I had at the time run rough and vibrate like a son of a bitch.
    "Only in the Corps can you put three guys in a room with an anvil and a rubber mallet, come back 15 min later, and the anvil is broken, the rubber mallet is missing, and nobody saw a damned thing!"

it has white leather? the 30 on a grey seat is just to commemorate the 30th year, but its not a 30th special edition. and like fast bird said change out all the burned plug wires and rule that out.
    1997 SS- 30th #80 SS #455 383, F1A, nitrous
    http://www.gmhightechperformance.com...ler_ghtp_1203/

1995 Z28- 14:1, 355, Beer can on 4 wheels.

Ahh I see. Well then its not a 30th Ann. Lol. I went ahead and started looking over the wiring harness and found some fun stuff. A few melted wires and connectors and random wires either ripped or cut. So I pulled the engine/trans harness out to the side to go through it. Alot of stuff was done halfa$$ on this I'm almost tempted to pull the motor tear it down and start over making sure stuff is right.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

"The Hammer"

Status
    Name
    JimmyMo
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Dhayes View Post
    Ahh I see. Well then its not a 30th Ann. Lol. I went ahead and started looking over the wiring harness and found some fun stuff. A few melted wires and connectors and random wires either ripped or cut. So I pulled the engine/trans harness out to the side to go through it. Alot of stuff was done halfa$$ on this I'm almost tempted to pull the motor tear it down and start over making sure stuff is right.

That is most likely where you'll end up. I bought a half finished project three years ago, and after fighting it for 3 years, it's now completely apart in my garage getting the build done that it should of had from the get go.
    "Only in the Corps can you put three guys in a room with an anvil and a rubber mallet, come back 15 min later, and the anvil is broken, the rubber mallet is missing, and nobody saw a damned thing!"

InActive Member

Status
    Vehicle
    1997 z28 383 stroker

Quote Originally Posted by Dhayes View Post
    Thanks. Has regular rubber mounts which all look good. Thats what i was leaning torwards was the balance. Flywheel still has the weight on it. Maybe part of the clutch came apart? Is there anyway to tell if its 0 balance internals outside of taking it to the machine shop?

If you end up needing a neutral balanced flywheel hit me up I have one for sale for $150 (it's a chromolly neutral balanced flywheel) I bought it brand new and ended up not needing it so its just sitting I've been trying to get rid of it for a while but everyone I talk to either end up just leaving me hanging or don't reply when I ask them if they still want it

You can't pee on what you can't touch (chevy)

Quote Originally Posted by casey20000007 View Post
    If you end up needing a neutral balanced flywheel hit me up I have one for sale for $150 (it's a chromolly neutral balanced flywheel) I bought it brand new and ended up not needing it so its just sitting I've been trying to get rid of it for a while but everyone I talk to either end up just leaving me hanging or don't reply when I ask them if they still want it

You can't pee on what you can't touch (chevy)
    OK sweet. Ill deffinitly let you know if that's what it is. Hopefully find out in the next few days.

Got the motor and trans out. Im glad I pulled it because half of everything I took off was loose... lol. Ill pull the heads tomorrow and see what's inside.did these come with aluminum heads or cast?
    uploadfromtaptalk1351410846727.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1351410877454.jpg

Fbodies and vettes have aluminum heads, and i feel ya on the harness... My SS i bought it built and ive rewired the entire harness from front to back and replaced every moving part on the car because it was done half assed...
    1997 SS- 30th #80 SS #455 383, F1A, nitrous
    http://www.gmhightechperformance.com...ler_ghtp_1203/

1995 Z28- 14:1, 355, Beer can on 4 wheels.

Dang that sucks. Hopefully I can fix mine and I'd bot maybe I can find one at the junk yard.

Well got the heads off and started looking around. Heads are 643's and Appear stock. Shortbock was recently done it still has pretty clean cylinders with cross hatching or whatever. Half the push rods are trick flow half are stock. Intake has a chunk missing next to a bolt hole. Opti was cracked. All but one header bolt was finger tight. Everything had just rtv poured on it.. going to pull the cam to see what that bad boy is next.

Might be switching around my game plan with this thing.

uploadfromtaptalk1351468218647.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1351468253349.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1351468276940.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1351468287323.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1351468307886.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1351468324719.jpg

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast