Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Threaded View

Default New guy! 97 camaro lt1 t56 vibration help

Hello everyone, first post here. Just picked up my first lt1 car. Its a 1997 camaro 30th Ann. T56 with some work. The guy I git it from didn't know much about what is in it. He said bigger heads cam exhaust and intake. It had the engine light on and a miss at under 2k rpm. Also a vibration that variates with rpm from 1800-2200rpm. Outside of those rpms it doesn't do it or even in that rpm range if you get on it. Was a good deal so I got it. (Traded a quad for it). Got it home and in the air and noticed a few things. At least 5 of the plug wires were resting on the headers which look like the pace setter LT race ones. Dual straight pipes out the back, only 1 cat and front 02 sensor. No rear o2s. The heads are aluminum that's all I know and the cam has a pretty nasty lope. Clutch feels nearly shot. I plan on pulling engine/ trans which were supposed to have been rebuilt a year ago. Tear it down to see what's actually in there, reseal it and put her back in. Also have to fix some wiring on that car also burned by the headers. My main concern is the pretty intense vibration. It coming from the engine, it does it either driving or revving out if gear in the garage. Doesn't not seem like a miss would cause this bad a vibration. Only way to compare it is to say it like going down the freeway at 80mph on really unbalanced tires lol. Looking for some direction as to what to check when I get this out. Like I said this is my first encounter with an lt1. Thanks, and look forward to your responses.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2