Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: New C7s

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

And just think about it.. a new motor, sharing the name... for a whole new generation of vehicles to start getting it... and we have the NAME....

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

"The Hammer"

Status
    Name
    JimmyMo
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by popo8 View Post
    And just think about it.. a new motor, sharing the name... for a whole new generation of vehicles to start getting it... and we have the NAME....

I think it would be entirely appropriate, considering every LTx motor to date has been either a giant leap technologically or a radical departure from the norm or both (including the true redheaded stepchild, the LT5). I definitely think a dual cam in block variable valve timed, modified combustion stroke, direct injected small block v8 would be perfectly befitting of the LT1 moniker, considering nothing like it has been done before, and especially since it is rumored to be even more powerful than the current base motor with less displacement.
    "Only in the Corps can you put three guys in a room with an anvil and a rubber mallet, come back 15 min later, and the anvil is broken, the rubber mallet is missing, and nobody saw a damned thing!"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 94Blackbird For This Post:

3.4L to LT1 Swapper

Status
    Name
    Brian Meissen
    Vehicle
    1994 Camaro "Red Alert"; 2022 Camaro LT1 RS

The direct injection opens all new doors for their motors. But if the direct injection V6 motors GM is currently making is any indication, GM MUST fix their PCV issues or include an oil catch can with these DI motors or else they're going to have even more serious problems. 1 quart of oil consumption every 500-1000 miles is not normal in my book, but within spec in GM's book. BMW is learning the hard way about direct injection while their dealership technicians are tearing apart heads to hand clean the oil sludge off of the valves. That's the biggest problem with crappy PCV systems and direct injection. With the standard injection we have now, the fuel flows over the valves and helps clean sludge and grime off of the valves. With direct injection, that gas is going right into the combustion chamber and hence nothing to clean the valves off... If you have a lot of oil going into the intake - which you definitely do with GM's crappy PCV system - you're going to get sludge build up and you will lose power over time unless you invest in an oil catch can or run Seafoam products through your engine on a fairly regular basis.

- Brian Meissen -
    "Magic Man" - LTxTech
    Owner - Michigan FBody Association

1994 Chevrolet Camaro "Red Alert" [ LT1 Transplant ]
    2022 Chevrolet Camaro LT1 RS "Cherry Bomb 6.2"

Banned

Status

I think GM needs to stop reusing names of shit. The design team must be a bunch of unoriginal bastards. I dont think it will help or hurt our platform. Tho everytime you say lt1 you will have to explain I have the old one but not the really old one. They will have the ltxshootout and we will be allowed to be in the car show for museum type qualitys.

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Dave357LT1 View Post
    I think GM needs to stop reusing names of shit. The design team must be a bunch of unoriginal bastards. I dont think it will help or hurt our platform. Tho everytime you say lt1 you will have to explain I have the old one but not the really old one. They will have the ltxshootout and we will be allowed to be in the car show for museum type qualitys.
    So you don't feel that added intrest in the same name (whether reminiscent of its predecessor) will help to put the NAME back on the map?

And if so, do you feel that our engines being named after its 1970s predecessor was a bad move?

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

Banned

Status

I believe every engine should have its own name. Did we put the old school tl1 on the map? No. Hoping to ride another engines coat tails is sad.

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Dave357LT1 View Post
    I believe every engine should have its own name. Did we put the old school tl1 on the map? No. Hoping to ride another engines coat tails is sad.

Pretty sure the old school eng didnt have a website

LTX AUTOX GURU!

Status

GM brass gave our engine its call sign to honor the original LT1. Because at the time it was the ultimate sbc. And when we hit the streets we was the ultimate sbc for the generation.

I don't see how the new LT1 should qualify for the ls competition. its a total different animal. and in many ways will make the ls platform "obsolete". based on design and function.

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by MeanTA View Post
    GM brass gave our engine its call sign to honor the original LT1. Because at the time it was the ultimate sbc. And when we hit the streets we was the ultimate sbc for the generation.

I don't see how the new LT1 should qualify for the ls competition. its a total different animal. and in many ways will make the ls platform "obsolete". based on design and function.
    Ok, well with all of the upgrades to what is being referred to as "the LS competition" would you still say the new motor has that much in common with the LS motors?

Banned

Status

me
    Quote Originally Posted by popo8 View Post
    Pretty sure the old school eng didnt have a website
    Again hoping the site gets more traffic because the new motor has the same name is sad! That's like the ugly girl in school hoping she gets attention by wearing the same clothes as the cute popular girl. We have a small community and its only gonna get smaller with time. Thinkin otherwise is delusional.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast