Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    LTX AUTOX GURU!

Status

the tires are expensive. i spent 1,500.00 on tires this year. and didnt compete in all the events i could have.

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Chris P. Bacon
    Vehicle
    1994 Firebird Formula

for a panhard bar, what is really needed? adjustable? double adjustable? on car adjustable?

'94 Formula 6spd
    If you come across a cobra in the wild, wipe it off and apologize.

VIP Member

Status

Personally I vote watts link

Prev: 94 Formula V8 M6 - R.I.P. / 96 Trans Am WS6 M6 - Sold / 00 Firebird 3.8 M5 - Sold
    Current: 94 Camaro Z28 A4
    Jesse

LTX AUTOX GURU!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Formula218 View Post
    for a panhard bar, what is really needed? adjustable? double adjustable? on car adjustable?
    double adjustable with rod ends or roto joints. it wont have any deflection. and will be more predictable over poly ends. You will have more road noise but its not bad at all and worth it.

on car adjustable ones aint really needed. once its set your good

InActive Member

Status
    Vehicle
    95 Chevy 2500 on 35's. Camaro or bird in the works

I thought about staggering my wheels for autox I just couldn't seem to keep the rear behind me at all. I don't think I could have been any easier on the throttle. Then again I think I suck at autox lol but its too much fun not to do. On a road course the car felt great. I know people say they are kinda similar but we all know it's 2 different worlds. The tight autox course is hard for me. everytime I go I think I am going to get lost too. I had 275 falkens on all four corners. If you go to a 315 on all 4 you may have hubs wear out on you. I vote try it and see what happens it may work for you

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Chris P. Bacon
    Vehicle
    1994 Firebird Formula

Forgot about this post.

I ended up measuring the rear end and it is still centered with the minor drop so I decided to go with a non adjustable panhard. Also grabbed some control arms too both from Founders Performance. Huge improvement! The back end is much more planted and doesn't like to slide out if I give it throttle in the corners any more.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352836301.940194.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352836348.443817.jpg

Also grabbed some subframe connectors from Midwest Chassis & Performance.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352836511.075467.jpg

I have decided I will probably keep my wheels. While I don't really care for the style of the wheels, I like the width of the rears and won't go smaller.

She got parked for the winter this week, kinda sucks I only got to drive it a handful of times since I got it I bypassed the TB yesterday and have a couple other small projects for winter. I'd like to get my V1 hardwired in (easy to do, just gotta get my lazy ass out there in the cold to do it) and I'd really like to piece together a C5 Z06 front brake kit.

Maybe a mod can move this to the project section and I'll just keep it going there?

'94 Formula 6spd
    If you come across a cobra in the wild, wipe it off and apologize.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234