Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Pr0jekt Turb0?

Status
    Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    1993 Camaro Z28

Default FYI to members and noobies regarding sales and new posts

I'm making this post because I've been finding a lot of for sale threads and new posts with members the past few months wondering why their posts are not showing up on the forum.

First to new members in general:

We have a security measure in place that requires approval of posts that generally include links (such as pictures or videos) for members that have a post count under a certain number. I am usually the one to approve or deny these posts. I typically sign on 4-5 times per day and I always check these postings. If it is an introductory post or even a helpful post to other members tech wise I will approve them when I see them so there is no need to make multiple posts in order to try and get the post to show up. Eventually when you have the requisite number of posts this approval process will disappear.

Second to for sale threads:

The same security measure is in place specifically in the for sale section. I will not approve any for sale ad until you have this requisite number of posts for the simple reason of weeding out spammers or scammers. This is not to say I have not approved your ad because you are a spammer. I (personally) want to see that you are a contributing member to the community and I look for a certain number of posts from you in order for me to validate your sale ad. I also look at references when deciding whether or not to validate. However, if I look at your posts and I see basically post spamming to increase your post count, I will not validate the ad. (Things such as "hi" "welcome" "cool" or just basic non-site supporting posts will not suffice)

I welcome all the newcomers to the community but for the security and safety of our other members regarding sales, I will scrutinize the sale ads. If you wish for your sale ad to be validated, (I do not delete your ads, I let them pend until I see that you have established yourself on the forum) then you can either actively participate in the forum, or you can PM me with references to your reputation on other sites (such as your screenname on another forum with sale references) and I will approve your ad.

Thank you for your time and feel free to post in here or PM me with any questions.

-Ryan
    -Ryan
    93 Z28 M28

Mod List

Pr0jekt Turb0?

Status
    Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    1993 Camaro Z28

BUMP so this is read.
    -Ryan