Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    InActive Member

Status

Quote Originally Posted by LSWHO View Post
    Yes, timing may be added. But only until you get kr. Then back off a bit.

15-16 at wot or what?

I no longer come to these sites, so I probably won't respond again.

I probably will never finish this either. I still have my brothers lt1 to tune if he ever gets around to it, but I'm pretty much out of this scene. PM me for changes or whatnot until someone else can host the necessary files.
    If you need a place to host the files I can donate space forever - I'm a web host. Let me know.

InActive Member

Status

Any updates? This guy tuned a car for me a few years ago.. hes good
    "If it has titts or tires its going to give you trouble"
    94z28 a4- wrecked/totalled 1-9-12....95 TA too much to list, 2001 suzuki sv650s, 96 civic all rebuilt motor stock daily
    http://chevythunder.com/since_its_inception_in_1985.htm

InActive Member

Status
    Name
    Joel
    Vehicle
    1995 Firebird Formula

I know that I am late on this thread but have a question to ask about the product. I recently purchased the cable for a 1995 firebird formula. While running the FreeScan program I was able to read multiple things going on like battery voltage, throttle position, temp and a couple other things but it would not communicate with the ECU. It was reading 0 messages received from ECU. Does this mean my ECU is bad?

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Joel
    Vehicle
    1996 camaro Police interceptor

@LSWHO great write up. Thank you for sharing it with all of us .

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

Founding Member

Status

No problem. Back in a third gen after a few years. Haven't been on in quite a while. Seems this place has slowed down.

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Matt Shaffer
    Vehicle
    1996 Camaro Z28 SS

Could you explain the BLM locker? I'm running/tuning on OBD2.

Founding Member

Status

BLMs are learned fueling corrections that the Ecu stores in different “cells” (depending on current engine parameters) for closed loop correction of A\F. When you are in a cell it’s applied the multiplier to your fueling to raise or lower the AFR to maintain stoic. If you jump from that cell straight to WOT the Ecu keeps applying that multiplier throughout until back in closed loop. The problem with this is when driving and especially AFR tuning lets say the cell you’re in says add 3% fueling. So when you go to wot to tune the afr it’s also applying that 3% extra. You alter the tune and do another pull to see where you’re at. But the problem is you were in a different cell prior to going WOT this time and it’s now pulling 3% throughout the pull. So you altered the tune and saw no change. Round and round you go and you never get your AFR locked where you want it because the multipliers are changing every pull.
    Here comes the BLM locker. It is basically a code change that makes the Ecu always use 128 (this means 0% change in fueling) while in Open loop.
    Now every time you make a pull the afr goes where the tune has commanded it with no variable you can’t control effecting it.

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Matt Shaffer
    Vehicle
    1996 Camaro Z28 SS

Logging LTFT's I don't see it applying a previous cell's correction for the whole run, or maybe I'm misinterpreting something. It definitely changes with MAP and RPM.

I thought in open loop, LTFT's/BLM's weren't applied? If it forces 128, then this implies the VE table is properly tuned right? Maybe there is something different between MAF and speed density I'm missing.

Does BLM locker work on OBD2? I'm using the Jet software, not LT1 edit.

Founding Member

Status

Quote Originally Posted by BIG SHAFE View Post
    Logging LTFT's I don't see it applying a previous cell's correction for the whole run, or maybe I'm misinterpreting something. It definitely changes with MAP and RPM.

I thought in open loop, LTFT's/BLM's weren't applied? If it forces 128, then this implies the VE table is properly tuned right? Maybe there is something different between MAF and speed density I'm missing.

Does BLM locker work on OBD2? I'm using the Jet software, not LT1 edit.
    I can’t comment on how BLMs behave in OBD2. Probably best to ask in a thread about obd2 or start a new thread.

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Gary Mogielski
    Vehicle
    1994 Corvette

So, I've been trying to find someone to tune my LT1 383 Vortech supercharged 94 Corvette. Haven't had much luck so I started tuning on my own, I'm a little confused by the factory ECM. I'm not sure what some of the tables do. I have the Tuner Cats to modify the bin files and the EEhack to do data logs. I've had my best luck running speed density and raising the closed loop enable temperature high enough that it never enables. Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456