Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    "The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Default Its a long story, but got a quick question about the Military...

Im pretty ignorant when it comes to rank in the military... but I have an issue with a 40 year old Army man...

It appears to me he is a compulsive liar, however Im trying to learn more.....

Can someone please explain to me, is it good if after your career (he says he is ready to retire) in the army, he is SGT, E7. (No idea if that is good or not)

He currently works as a recruiter out of a make shift office set up in a hotel room.

When we had spoken he made that seem like he was someone "special", to me it sounds more like he wasnt good at anything else, so the Military made him a recruiter..... Im ignorant to the process.

He claims to have done 4 tours in various "wars", and has even hinted that he has clearances that would spin my head, as if to elude he may be CIA.....

I feel stupid for even wondering, because I want to call BS on some of this stuff, however can some of you please help me understand?

Thanks In advance....

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

Banned

Status
    Name
    Big Papi
    Vehicle
    2015 Fusion Titanium AWD
    Blog Entries

sure you have already googled it but wth
    http://www.ehow.com/about_5036241_rank-army.html

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    sure you have already googled it but wth
    http://www.ehow.com/about_5036241_rank-army.html

Thanks Man, I read another link similar to that. But I guess Im still dense... because Im seeing its a pay grade... not really an accomplishment.

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

Banned

Status
    Name
    Big Papi
    Vehicle
    2015 Fusion Titanium AWD
    Blog Entries

Yea def need to talk to someone whos in. Everyone gets raises at any job

"The Hammer"

Status
    Name
    JimmyMo
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

To my knowledge, no recruiter works out of a hotel room. I'd go find a real recruiter and talk to them about the guy. Second off, if he had those kinds of clearences, he wouldn't be bragging about them. He might make a quick comment and tell you not to ask further. Lastly, from my understanding (Don't quote me on it, I'm a Marine, not a soldier) rank in the army isn't that hard to pick up. If he's only an E-7 in the army after 20+ years of service, he messed up pretty bad, at least from my understanding of the situation. And you're right popo, E-7 is a paygrade, there are three payscales used by the military, enlisted (E-1 through E-9) Warrent Officer (W-1 through W-5) and Officer (O-1 through O-10)
    One other thing, did he say he was just a sergeant or a sergeant first class? Even though the army calls all their sergeant ranks sarge, there is a definite difference.
    I would definitely call him out on it. That smells like a big heaping pile of doo doo to me. The more I think about it, the worse it smells lol
    "Only in the Corps can you put three guys in a room with an anvil and a rubber mallet, come back 15 min later, and the anvil is broken, the rubber mallet is missing, and nobody saw a damned thing!"

LTXTech Sponsor

Status
    Vehicle
    1992 convertible camaro

E7 is a paygrade. You work your way up to that grade over the years just like a yearly raise in any other job.

He "could" have done his tours/mdeployments etc. If he has been in this long to retire good for him. Sounds like he like to brag. I know a few military people like that. But they have "been there, done that"

Maybe he taking his last few years easy in a office??

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    '92 vert with 383 LT1 | 78mm turbonetics turbo, Tial 50mm BOV , Tial 44mm waste gate | Ported heads | Intake Drilled for MSD Pro Billet Distrib|Callies crank & rods | JE Pistons | T56 | spohon suspention.
    '97 Camaro LT1 /T56 | Longtubes | O/R Y pipe | Magnaflow cat back | K&N CAI | CSR EWP | Dynoed 292rwhp /321 rwtq Best et. 13.1@107 w/ 2.07 Sixty ft.
    ~Custom Made Billet Emblems | Thermal ,Ceramic & Powder Coatings ,etc.. Just PM me~

over caffinated

Status

sounds more like mental issues. mos likely he was dishonorably discharged and cant let go. he reliving all he knows and believes in. i have seen some who become institutionalized and cant function outside the military
    Last edited by faust; 02-03-2011 at 06:30 AM.

what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that allow me to do with things that would be a nightmare for people like you.

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle

Thank you guys. My understanding is he is still in... because he is always in his fatigues, or whatever they are called. Its just the CIA BS, that I want to call him on...

InActive Member

Status

id call him out on it, he's most likely full of it, i have secret or top secret security clearence (i cant remember which it is), just because i guard nukes, and im really nothing special, if you met some of the people that i work with you'd probly loose all faith in our military and move to canada

i say dont worry about it and start pulling that opti out and getting it rebuilt

www.DCRestos.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast