Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

Default NOT happy with Kenwood right now

Back in late December 2005 I bought my wife a DDx-8017 Excelon dvd player for her car. The top of the line 7" touch screen really nice unit. Sat on it until march when we put it in the car we decided to keep, then that car sat for another 3 months while the motor swap was going on. We got it back in July of 06 and have only put 13K miles on it since then.

In December 06 the unit started having issues, and it finally went out a few months ago. So I sent it in, and I get it back yesterday saying it needed an LCD, MCB and PCB (whatever those are), and cost is estimated at $470-570 to fix. THAT'S HALF OF WHAT I F***ING PAID! Not to mention that I simply can't afford that right now.

I called up their customer service and they're going to look into it and hopefully get back to me today. I'm not looking for a free fix, but at least split the fix cost with me because for such a low usage unit, and especially for what was supposed to be a top of the line unit, this is just pathetic that I need to spend 50% of what I paid to get it fixed when it's got the same amount of usage as someone that would have used it in a daily car for a year.

Either way, I don't think I'll buy another kenwood stereo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Stout View Post
    I would try to work my neck muscles but I'm not invited to the LS guy parties.

CHIEF ULTIMATE SUPREME MASTER

Status

I go with Alpine for all my head units and none have failed me yet.

InActive Member

Status

I love all my Kenwoods... but, I never get anything "nice". I usually stick with low end... my brother has had problems with the motorized flip down faces.
    I just like the user interface, usually the looks, and the sound quality.
    -Duane-
    1994 S-10 - Lt1/700r4 - project /// 2001 2dr Blazer - boring daily

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by BlownFormula View Post
    I go with Alpine for all my head units and none have failed me yet.
    I've had an Alpine CDA-7894 in my T/A (both, it got swapped when I sold my black one) since 2002. Has performed flawlessly. I got the Kenwoof for my wife because it's what she wanted.

InActive Member

Status

I'll buy either Pioneer or Alpine. I used to buy Kenwood all the time before because they would give you all of the options Alpine and Pioneer gave you for less $$$ plus the sound quality was great. Not as good as the Alpine or the Poineer but it was good enough. Then the decks got ugly and cost as much as the others so I started going with Pioneer.
    Fern_
    94 Z28
    A4, 3400 stall, B&M shiftkit, Richmond American 373 gears, CAI, shorty headers, Flowmaster catback, PCMforless tune.

Banned

Status
    Blog Entries

Wow that sucks. They don't have a 1 year warranty? Most companies offer a year protection from any sort of defect or malfunction. Weird.

LTx Mod, Founding Member

Status

Yeah I was going to say, no warranty? Thats way too quick man...
    Nick

- 2003 SVT Cobra T56/4.6L - Pullied, Tuned, Full Intake/Exhaust, Stg3 Clutch (29k) - 483rwhp @14-15psi
    - 2002 Ford F350 7.3L Powerstroke - Edge Evo II/33" BFG AT TAs/4" MBRP Turbo Back + Intake (164k)
    - 1995 Pontiac Firehawk #224 (Chameleon) - Full Bolton/Cammed/Full Suspension (71k) - 12.75 @ 107.94
    http://www.fquick.com/Fixxer777

Banned

Status

i have a nice kenwood one, with a littel guy doing flips on a dirtbike. pretty good so far.

LTx Mod, Founding Member

Status

Quote Originally Posted by bricez28 View Post
    i have a nice kenwood one, with a littel guy doing flips on a dirtbike. pretty good so far.
    Did you have to pay extra for that?
    Nick

- 2003 SVT Cobra T56/4.6L - Pullied, Tuned, Full Intake/Exhaust, Stg3 Clutch (29k) - 483rwhp @14-15psi
    - 2002 Ford F350 7.3L Powerstroke - Edge Evo II/33" BFG AT TAs/4" MBRP Turbo Back + Intake (164k)
    - 1995 Pontiac Firehawk #224 (Chameleon) - Full Bolton/Cammed/Full Suspension (71k) - 12.75 @ 107.94
    http://www.fquick.com/Fixxer777

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

Mad props to Kenwood. The customer service Rep I spoke with yesterday called me last this afternoon today. They're stepping up. Big Time. Like fixing as if under warranty big time. Kenwood just re-earned my business.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast