Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Page 3 of 120 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    The Jazz Man

Status

This is nuts, you've got 150x's the patience I do. I would never in my right mind accept payments. He's proven to be unreliable and untrustworthy multiple times, I think you need to draw a permanent line somewhere and not cross it for the world. If he falls through, throw the law on him.

1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, FFF Headers, Precision Billet 6262, H/C/I, Devil's Own Methanol, Moser 9", g-force T5, etc.

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Jeff Stark
    Vehicle
    1994 Firehawk

popo sorry to hear your not going to receive any of your money back from this pos but, I think everyone on here including yourself just didn't believe it was going to happen. You have been a patient man now go lock his ass up !

Jeff
    2010,2011,2012, 2013, 2015 LTX Shootout Extreme Street NA Champion.
    2013 Modified N/A runner up. 2015 Mod NA Champ
    1994 Pontiac Firehawk #51 10.82 @ 121mph 1.37 sixty ft.

LTX Jedi Master

Status

I really want to see how this ends now.
    LT1, M6, CC306 cam, Comp 918 springs, Hardened pushrods,Ported TB, TB Bypass, Descreened MAF, 4:10 Gear, pacesetter LTs, custom exhaust, Some Suspension Upgrades...

Near future: LE2 package

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Just spoke with Officer Williams at the Stauton PD.... As soon as I tod him the name, the Officer said, "LET ME GUESS, YOU GOT A CAMARO...." He is very familial with Mr Parish.... Subject from TEXAS filed against him for not even delivering a motor that was paid for...and another complaint of a guy who sent him his car for a motor and instal and Parish was seen cruising around in the car....

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle

Quoting Pennsylvania Statutes Chapter 39 § 3922. Theft by deception. (a) Offense defined.--A person is guilty of theft if he intentionally obtains or withholds property of another by deception. A person deceives if he intentionally:

1. creates or reinforces a false impression, including false impressions as to law, value, intention or other state of mind; but deception as to a person's intention to perform a promise shall not be inferred from the fact alone that he did not subsequently perform the promise;

2. prevents another from acquiring information which would affect his judgment of a transaction; or

3. fails to correct a false impression which the deceiver previously created or reinforced, or which the deceiver knows to be influencing another to whom he stands in a fiduciary or confidential relationship.

(b) Exception.--The term "deceive" does not, however, include falsity as to matters having no pecuniary significance, or puffing by statements unlikely to deceive ordinary persons in the group addressed.

Penalties are outlined in a separate statute, and depend upon the facts of the offense:

Quoting Pennsylvania Statutes Chapter 39 § 3903. Grading of theft offenses. (a) Felony of the second degree.--Theft constitutes a felony of the second degree if:

1. The offense is committed during a manmade disaster, a natural disaster or a war-caused disaster and constitutes a violation of section 3921 (relating to theft by unlawful taking or disposition), 3925 (relating to receiving stolen property), 3928 (relating to unauthorized use of automobiles and other vehicles) or 3929 (relating to retail theft).

2. The property stolen is a firearm.

3. In the case of theft by receiving stolen property, the property received, retained or disposed of is a firearm and the receiver is in the business of buying or selling stolen property.

(a.1) Felony of the third degree.--Except as provided in subsection (a), theft constitutes a felony of the third degree if the amount involved exceeds $2,000, or if the property stolen is an automobile, airplane, motorcycle, motorboat or other motor-propelled vehicle, or in the case of theft by receiving stolen property, if the receiver is in the business of buying or selling stolen property.

(b) Other grades.--Theft not within subsection (a) or (a.1) of this section, constitutes a misdemeanor of the first degree, except that if the property was not taken from the person or by threat, or in breach of fiduciary obligation, and:

1. the amount involved was $50 or more but less than $200 the offense constitutes a misdemeanor of the second degree; or
    2. the amount involved was less than $50 the offense constitutes a misdemeanor of the third degree.

(c) Valuation.--The amount involved in a theft shall be ascertained as follows:

1. Except as otherwise specified in this section, value means the market value of the property at the time and place of the crime, or if such cannot be satisfactorily ascertained, the cost of replacement of the property within a reasonable time after the crime.

2. Whether or not they have been issued or delivered, certain written instruments, not including those having a readily ascertainable market value such as some public and corporate bonds and securities, shall be evaluated as follows:

i. The value of an instrument constituting an evidence of debt, such as a check, draft or promissory note, shall be deemed the amount due or collectible thereon or thereby, such figure ordinarily being the face amount of the indebtedness less any portion thereof which has been satisfied.

ii. The value of any other instrument which creates, releases, discharges or otherwise affects any valuable legal right, privilege or obligation shall be deemed the greatest amount of economic loss which the owner of the instrument might reasonably suffer by virtue of the loss of the instrument.

3. When the value of property cannot be satisfactorily ascertained pursuant to the standards set forth in paragraphs (1) and (2) of this subsection its value shall be deemed to be an amount less than $50. Amounts involved in thefts committed pursuant to one scheme or course of conduct, whether from the same person or several persons, may be aggregated in determining the grade of the offense.

(d) Definitions.--As used in this section, the following words and phrases shall have the meanings given to them in this subsection:

"Manmade disaster." - Any industrial, nuclear or transportation accident, explosion, conflagration, power failure, natural resource shortage or other condition, except enemy action, resulting from manmade causes, such as oil spills and other injurious environmental contamination, which threatens or causes substantial damage to property, human suffering, hardship or loss of life.

"Natural disaster." - Any hurricane, tornado, storm, flood, high water, wind-driven water, tidal wave, earthquake, landslide, mudslide, snowstorm, drought, fire, explosion or other catastrophe which results in substantial damage to property, hardship, suffering or possible loss of life.

"War-caused disaster." - Any condition following an attack upon the United States resulting in substantial damage to property or injury to persons in the United States caused by use of bombs, missiles, shellfire, nuclear, radiological, chemical or biological means, or other weapons or overt paramilitary actions, or other conditions such as sabotage.

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

VIP Member

Status

Sent you a PM Popo...

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by PipesTA View Post
    Sent you a PM Popo...

Thankyou man... Im filling it out now.

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle

Here is what I posted in the narrative.

Feb 21st 2007, I Paypaled $5,250oo to the "owner" of a business called parish enterprises.
    He/It were located out of IL (somewhere). I had located him on EBAY where he was selling built LT1 and LS1 motors built as packages or to order.
    It was a deal I couldnt pass up!!! with great EBAY REVIEWS (what a joke) and lots of pictures, i trustingly sent the money as he sent me updates and pictures of the fully forged 383 LT1 stroker motor with "9-1" compression for my blower set up. He sent pics of the splayed mains, and the entire build process... (to bad they were pics of someone elses motor....
    It came, and it ran, and it looked great, it even sounded great with some "secret squirrel" cam with one hell of a lope. As I stated in my introduction, it took between 2,000 and 3,000 miles of driving (only time it was abused was on the dyno because i was scared of hurting the transmission) the crank gave. Fortunatly , it broke in a way that the crack allowed it to push against itself and get me home.
    We towed the car to the shop, pulled the trans and realized there was a delay when you turned the balancer to when the rest of the crank began to move (had the oil pan off also)....The crank was broken in 2 pieces.
    After removing the crank, I called Eagle and discovered that "383 CI" on the crank did not stand for 383 cubic inches, the CI stood for Cast.... yup, my forged crank that I purchased was cast, no wonder it couldnt hold up. Then I looked at the main caps, having taken for granted that splayed mains were there because thats what he sent pics, each one was only a TWO BOLT....
    to make things worse, we pulled everything and everything was mismatched, and altho it was all balanced, the rods and pistons were cheap crap. Sent the block out , got it mag'd, got it another .10 over, and had a billet front cap and had all of the other mains splayed...
    On to the heads. Advertisement said PORTED AND POLISHED HEADS AND INTAKE, WILL FLOW BETTER THAN LT4. well nothing was done.... NOTHING! hell all the valves had so much play Im suprised the car ran and even made power... I can go on and on, but I wont....
    I attempted to contact the guy and even BS him that i had some heads to send him for doing such a good job, and nothing Anyways,his email was Lt1partsguy@yahoo.com and he never responded.
    THen I joined a site called LTX tech, for enthusiasts of the LT based GM motor. I wrote about my issue and one member actually located MR PARISH and his new bussiness name..(http://www.epecustomengines.com/info.html)
    On 7.14.2009 after being given the new info for Mr Parish, I used the site that was given to me in this thread and used an alternate email (one for the performance shop I work at part time) and acted as though I wanted to order a motor.
    The owner ERIC PARISH replied that nite via email with a good number to call him at, (greed is an evil thing)
    I called him today and had a nice discussion with ERIC regarding all of the items that were mis represented or not issued in my purchase. We had a nice discussion of the CRIMINAL/CIVIL sanctions which may be imposed, and I gave him 5days to come up with an agreed upon amicable solution before, charges are filed.
    Needless to say, that was 2 years after I sent him the money for the motor, here is a copy of the PAYPAL:
    Money Request Details

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Request Received

Parish Enterprises(lt1partsguy@yahoo.com)
    To:
    Lawrence Hanna (popo8@comcast.net)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amount:
    $5,250.00 USD
    Paid
    Date Requested:
    Feb 21, 2007

Subject:
    LT1 383 STROKER ENGINE

Note:
    FORGED LT1 383 STROKER.

Needless to say, until the motor was built, shipped and installed in my vehicle, then tuned so that I could drive it , a year had passed... then by the time it broke another 6-8 months had passed, and by the time we tore the motor down to discover all of the items that were mis-advertised, and how badly I was lied to there was no sign of ERIC PARISH until I started this thread...
    http://ltxtech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6807
    And that is how I got in touch with MR Parish once again. I am a Police Officer for the past 8 years and I tried my best to work with Mr Parish regarding making restitution. I even advised him I was only loking for 4,000 of the 5,250 sent because I was able to reuse what I feel was approximatly 1,250 of the motor, although having the motor redone cost me well over another $3000.00 For the past 3 months we went back and forth in email, and he has stalled with one excuse after another. If you check out that site, I logged almost every step of MR Parishs and my conversations. I have also saved almost ALL of the emails between Mr Parish and Myself where he advises that he is aware that he owes me... I look to you for help in this situation.
    The list below is a build sheet Mr Parish promised me that my motor would be. Behind some of the items are my comments where it fell short...
    4 bolt main corvette block : 2 bolt main block.... NOT 4Bolt or Splayed
    cleaned
    bored .030 :Not freshly done for my build, all cylinders were out of round
    align honed
    square decked
    cam bearings and freeze plugs installed
    scat 4340 forged crankshaft :actually and EAGLE "383" "C.I." (cast) crank
    scat pro series I beam rods - 2-ICR6000-7/16
    srp forged pistons - 14cc inv. dome : not domed, not sure of brand
    clevite 77 H-series rod and main bearings
    Total seal rings
    rotating assembly balanced within .1 gram
    melling hv oil pump :stock LT1 oil pump
    melling pick up screen :stock application
    melling hardened oil pump driveshaft :stock application
    fel pro gaskets
    custom ground hyd. roller camshaft :Unsure of numbers on cam, never recieved cam-card
    comp cams roller lifters :Unsure, but replaced
    comp cams hardened pushrods : Unsure, but replaced
    aluminum full roller rocker arms
    chrome valve covers

clevite 77 hp cam bearings
    pioneer brass freeze plugs
    cloyes roller timing set
    lt1 timing cover
    lt1 oil pan
    arp head studs - 12pt.
    fully ported lt1 heads :ABSOLUTLY untouched STOCK LT1 heads
    2.02/1.6 valves stainless steel valves :Poorly installed valves, replaced when heads were redone
    isky .600 lift springs :all springs were of different pressure, improper use of springs.
    combustion chambers polished will out perform lt4 heads. :Untouched stock LT1 heads
    fully ported lt1 intake :COMPLETLY STOCK UNTOUCHED intake, other than paint.

Thank You
    Officer Lawrence A. Hanna

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle

Complaint Referral Form

Internet Crime Complaint Center

Thank you for filing a complaint with the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3).

Your complaint has been submitted. Once processed by the IC3, you will be sent an email containing your complaint id and password to be used for future contacts with the IC3. This process can take several hours.

The IC3's mission is to serve as a vehicle to receive, develop, and refer criminal complaints regarding the rapidly expanding arena of cyber crime. The IC3 aims to give the victims of cyber crime a convenient and easy-to-use reporting mechanism. If you have comments or problems related to the IC3 website, please contact us.
    Complaint Status

The IC3 receives thousands of complaints each month and does not have the resources to respond to inquiries regarding the status of complaints. It is the IC3's intention to review all complaints and refer them to law enforcement and regulatory agencies having jurisdiction. Ultimately, investigation and prosecution are at the discretion of the receiving agencies.
    Evidence

It is important that you maintain any evidence you may have relating to your complaint. Evidence may include canceled checks, credit card receipts, phone bills, mailing envelopes, mail receipts, a printed copy of a website, copies of emails, or similar items. Please keep the items in a safe location, in case you are requested to provide them for investigative purposes.

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle

Im sooooooooo glad I saved every email, and every word this POS said....

Everything from my initial trick to get a hold of him, to him admitting he used inferior parts, to the multiple offers he made to make restitution....

In case anyone was wondering, this is what over 100 emails look like....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 3 of 120 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast