Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    "The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

STill following...

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

Lurker

Status

snapped some pictures of some updates. Nothing exciting yet. Just got a few parts in over the weekend for my bday. Poly engine and trans mounts and the rear sway bar. Did some test fitting of the mounts on the frame pads and they fit together like a glove as they should.

98+ 10 bolt that I'm taking the brakes from.

Brake parts from the fbody ten bolt.

Buick 8.2" ten bolt will be getting the disk brakes.

Not a good picture but the 98+ steering column is only about .5"-1" shorter than the factory Buick shaft so I'm going to swap it in.

Got some roller tires on the rims I'll be using. Just set them up next to car to what they'll look like.

Frame pads for a 65 Chevelle SBC

Engine mount for a 65 Chevelle SBC

Just a quick test fit on the block and fits like it's supposed to, finally something fits right.

Lurker

Status

Like I said, I don't own a real camera anymore. I only have my cell phone so this is the best I could do.

InActive Member

Status
    Vehicle
    1966 Buick Skylark

Following this thead close.........

Lurker

Status

Made progress last night and got all the drums off the Buick rear end and put the fbody disks on, complete with e-brake. Just one easily fixable snag on the e-brake. Just a notch and I'll be set. Everything fit like it was made to be there and it looks great. Just going to do the axle bearings while I have the axles removed. I can't afford gears and posi right now so I will make do with the 2.73s. Anyways here's the pics.

Lurker

Status

No more progress yet. Didn't have a chance over the weekend to do anything. This weekend should be better. I've had the paint for the frame for about 6 months now. Need to pull it out one last time and have at it, as well as the rear end.

Lurker

Status

My AAW body harness arrived yesterday. Look so nice. I can't wait to tear out all those glass fuses and send them to the trash pile.

Lurker

Status

Hey guys, quick update. Came across a great deal on some C5 calipers. They will be here in ~5 days. With that said I'm going to sell the rear calipers I currently have so that my fronts and rears match. Also there is a deal going on right now for front and rear rotors with pads for 180 bucks. Still needs to do some research and see if they are interchangeable with the rear fbody rotors I currently have. I know the calipers are. Other than that I have a nice list I'm going through and checking off things as I get them. My biggest worry is making my fuel lines. I have a double flare tool and been practicing with it. It's pretty easy, I'm just nervous that somehow I'll end up with a leak. We'll see I guess.

what are you doing for the fuel system?

Lurker

Status

I'm using a 95 Impala tank with a Wahlbro 255 intank pump. Going to notch the trunk so the tank doesn't hang down too far. Then I'm going to run braided line with adapters from the tank to the hardline on the frame. In front from the hardline to a short run of braided line to the fuel rails. Also adding an fbody fuel filter to the feed line.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast