Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast
    Lurker

Status

So, do to time constraints of the wedding coming up and the amount of funds now available until after then; I have decided to not fully build up an engine for the car at this moment. What I am going to do though is use one of the other LT1s I have that is not as low in miles (190k) and I can put just a little bit of money into it and run it. I still need probably 1k in parts to have it running and driving well enough to be part of the wedding in 9 months.

This engine came from a 95 Camaro. It had a blown headgasket. I got it with the heads already checked and resurfaced, also got the headgaskets, intake gaskets, tb gasket, and new headbolts with it. I just bought a oil pan gasket, timing cover gasket set, rear main seal, and a cloyes timing chain. I'm not sure how much slack is supposed to be in the chain, but the one in this engine feels loose.

I'm just cleaning it up right now and waiting on my gaskets to get here. I'm going to paint it the original Buick engine color or as close as I can get to it. Hopefully I can get it together in the next week and test fit it. Also will be ordering brake lines and fittings next payday so I can finally get that done and drop the body down on the frame.

This is the original engine that I was going to use. 76k miles, that 4l60e was also going to go in but since I got the 6speed now I need to put it back in the Camaro and hope it doesn't grenade for the 4th time.

Engine number two sitting around. This one has a bad bottom end that will eventually get redone as a stroker for the Camaro. Far in the future.

Here is the 190k beast that I will be using for now.

Oh yeah and my dirty ass T56

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    JeremY
    Vehicle
    1972 NovA

Good to see some updates. A 190k stocker still scooted my Nova to a 12.92 with 3.73's outback.

Sent from my S4 Mini
    '72 Nova "HadeSS"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JCzNova For This Post:

Lurker

Status

Quote Originally Posted by JCZNova View Post
    Good to see some updates. A 190k stocker still scooted my Nova to a 12.92 with 3.73's outback.

Sent from my S4 Mini

Nice. I'm going to run this one for a while. My Skylark is basically stripped out so it's pretty light. I'm also running a 3.90 gear. Might be in that same range if I can launch at all. Mostly building it for the twisties though.

So, here's some more pics. I just finished the engine. Only thing left to do is get bolts for the valve covers. They aren't bolted on right now.

IMG_0556.JPGIMG_0557.JPGIMG_0558.JPGIMG_0559.JPGIMG_0560.JPG

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

So happy to see this still chuggin along.

LTXtech.com is my drug.

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

Lurker

Status

Quote Originally Posted by popo8 View Post
    So happy to see this still chuggin along.

LTXtech.com is my drug.
    Yeah, I'm moving right along. Only major thing left is to make my brake lines. I got my bubble flare tool last week so I'm ready to start doing that. I want to test fit it with the trans and fire it up to make sure it's all good.

PS. If someone has some CHEAP shorty headers to sell or if anyone has a donation of them that would help greatly.

Lurker

Status

Scored a set of headers for $50 bucks. Don't know how they'll fit the body but they fit the engine. They are just SBC long tubes. But for $50, if I have to cut them up I won't feel bad.
    IMG_20140401_202302.jpgIMG_20140401_202321.jpg

InActive Member

Status

Do your new headers have O2 bungs?
    John

Lurker

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Featherburner View Post
    Do your new headers have O2 bungs?
    No, I'll have to add some. I'm going to wait till I set it in the frame and put the body on top so I know where the collectors end up and how much space I have for the o2s.

Lurker

Status

Picked up a close ratio steering box from the junk yard. Only 45 bucks and in mint shape. Wasn't leaking anywhere. Can't post a pic from my phone though.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to NoMoneyZ For This Post:

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast