Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    InActive Member

Status

Default oil psi sending unit Autozone vs advance vs nappa

I have had a oil leak that was driving me nuts! I was leaking about a QT a day. then i found that my major oil leak was a cross between the Back of the intake and the oil psi switch. So i went down to AUTOZONE...(cuz the were cheaper) and i installed it all and fired her up.. we before i did all of this i had 40lbs of psi at hot idel and about 60-70 with rpms. which yea it seems high psi but i was told the motor was rebuilt not long ago when i bought this car and i do have papper work on it and yes the was a High pressur pump installed. with all new bearings cam bearings also. well any ways! no since the new sensor was installed from AUTOZONE.. it dropes down almost into 0 (or the red on gauge) when im stoped!
    So which place would be better to get a sensor from
    Autozone or Advance or Napa????
    Thanks

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

Odds are they are all made by the same company.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Stout View Post
    I would try to work my neck muscles but I'm not invited to the LS guy parties.

LTXTech Sponsor

Status
    Name
    David
    Vehicle
    1985 Camaro Z28/1994 Firebird Formula

You might want to use a mechanical test gauge and watch the pressure on that when you are driving around. A mechanical test gauge is much more accurate than the stock one.
    -David-
    1985 Camaro Z28 (Under Construction)
    1994 Firebird Formula - LT1/4L60e (The Daily)

Lurker

Status
    Vehicle
    1994 Camaro Z28

NEVER GET ONE FROM ADVANCED they suck ! !!!!!!! !!! I recommend gmparts direct for this part its $36 from them and have piece of mind. Im guessing it is for your 96 so make sure you get the one with the 1/8 thread the one that fits the back of the intake. Sometimes auto parts dont know and will get you the 1/4 thread that goes under the car like mine does. They only were on the 93 and early 94 like mine. gmpartsdirect.com $35.80 is your price

oil pressure sending unit, 5.7l
    94-97 $68.84$35.80
    UMI LCA's & Relocation Bracket's, UMI Pan Hard Bar, Hotchkis Springs, SLP Ultra-Z Hood Motor Under Construction ! 355 Scat I-Beam rods, Mahl Forged Pistons, all harden Clevite Bearings, LE2 Heads 226/232 .565/.565 112 LSA Ported LE intake More to come
    This came of my 94 Z28, $100 OBO

InActive Member

Status

Quote Originally Posted by djjab57 View Post
    NEVER GET ONE FROM ADVANCED they suck ! !!!!!!! !!! I recommend gmparts direct for this part its $36 from them and have piece of mind. Im guessing it is for your 96 so make sure you get the one with the 1/8 thread the one that fits the back of the intake. Sometimes auto parts dont know and will get you the 1/4 thread that goes under the car like mine does. They only were on the 93 and early 94 like mine. gmpartsdirect.com $35.80 is your price

oil pressure sending unit, 5.7l
    94-97 $68.84$35.80
    Ditto... I had the same problem as the OP, installed the Advanced OPS and it started sending low oil pressure and leaking from the top of the brand new unit, within an hour. Ordered the OEM from the Chevy dealer and that solved the problem; and that's been well over a year ago. But with that said, I'm installing a mechanical gauge in this build.
    96 Z LTx. 396 Forged Eagle BE, AFR195s, CR 12.5:1 Comp Ultra-Pro Mag1.6 RRs, Lt-4 Intake, 42lb FI, 58mm TB, Comp 292XFI Cam, Kook LTs, PerformaBuilt Lvl-3, SS 3600, 4" DS, Spooled Strange D-60 w/5.13s, BMR K-mem & A-arms, Hotchkis out back, Mazeire, MSD Digi-6 , Nano-N2O, 75 shot: 7.28 @ 95.7 1.6 60' - New Build: NA-SF 7.4 1.6 60' 93 Mph

LTx Mod, Founding Member

Status

Agreed with the "Only GM parts" on this one.

Ive seen too many Autozone, Napa, and Advanced sensors be cheap crap and fail almost immediately. That and they have a horrible talent to get you the wrong part outright. I just bring the part with me to match, but you cant avoid the cheap stuff some of them sell for aftermarket sensors. Theres a reason why they are cheaper.
    Nick

- 2003 SVT Cobra T56/4.6L - Pullied, Tuned, Full Intake/Exhaust, Stg3 Clutch (29k) - 483rwhp @14-15psi
    - 2002 Ford F350 7.3L Powerstroke - Edge Evo II/33" BFG AT TAs/4" MBRP Turbo Back + Intake (164k)
    - 1995 Pontiac Firehawk #224 (Chameleon) - Full Bolton/Cammed/Full Suspension (71k) - 12.75 @ 107.94
    http://www.fquick.com/Fixxer777

InActive Member

Status

If its an electronic component, always replace it with AC Delco.
    -Joe-
    95 T/A.
    Advanced Induction 383 - 10.81 @ 124.16, 1.43 60' Video of 10-second pass - 455whp/445wtq

Banned

Status
    Name
    Big Papi
    Vehicle
    2015 Fusion Titanium AWD
    Blog Entries

Send me postage I have one I can send you

InActive Member

Status

I have one from napa and its working good, the first one I had is from napa to, that one just starded acting weird reading eratic, i put a new one and its working good. I have a rebuilted engine to and has about the same pressure. You could check the sensor in driver side oilpan too, maybe it has a shaved wire.

InActive Member

Status

Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    Send me postage I have one I can send you
    PM SENT! Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast