Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Thread: n20 guys...

Default n20 guys...

well the motor is an all forged 383 with about 11.5 to 1 compression, and le3 heads cam and ported intake with all the supporting mods, m6 rebuild with a spec 3 clutch and a strange 12 bolt

im looking at a nitrous kit, looking to start out with a 100 shot, possibly a 150 but no more than that, should i go wet or dry?? and which brand should i go with? will i need a computer to pull the timing? what else do i need that doesn't come in the "kit"?

InActive Member

Status

I have been hearing alot of good things about the Nitrous Outlet plate kit for LT1. It is a wet kit. You will either need some type of timing retard box or set up a seperate tune for the PCM with timing retarded to run on nitrous only. The recommended "extras" are FPSS (fuel pressure safety switch), RPM window switch, full throttle switch, nitrous filter, and bottle heater. I also recommend a lean shutdown switch if you can swing it. What do you have in the fuel system department?. I have a set-up similar to yours and I had to add a 2nd Walbro pump to keep up.
    Darrell
    95z 383, th400w/brake, 9inch, 325/50s, nitrous-
    sold

8 Second Club

Status

On the LTx I would say wet. The only way to go dry with the stock ecm is to raise the fuel pressure.
    So far 10.576 @ 128.64 on a 1.563 short time. N/A.
    8.957 @ 151.60 on a 1.349 60' time
    THE FIRST 8 SECOND NITROUS POWERED LT1

Look into a FJO timer, it has great features. I also agree on a wet kit

InActive Member

Status

i would get a mallory rapidfire 6 box, its about the same as a timing retard box and its a ignition upgrade. its got a rpm activation switch built in, and even does timing retard. only like $260 or so. i got one for mine. ok it doesnt pull timing for nitrous... but its still sweet.

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...p?part=MAA-685
    Last edited by Milk Man; 10-15-2008 at 09:15 PM.
    DD: 01 RCLB Duramax 500hp/1000tq
    Project 95Z: cam, nitrous, stuff...

For that size shot our plate system is one of the best options out there. As mentioned above it is best to install it with all of the needed safety features and accessories to get the most out of the kit.

The Mallory 685 is a popular option for the LTx guys as it includes timing retard and a window switch with an ignition box.

Accell has just released a new box also....$399.99

this includes:
    Ignition box
    Timing retard
    window switch
    rev limiter
    2 step
    progressive controller
    FPSS
    and a controller that can be dash mounted for easy access to change parameters
    1994 Formula, 396cid, AFR 227's, Single plane, and 2 of the big ones.
    http://ltxtech.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=241&dateline=12653889  02

8 Second Club

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ray@NitroDaves.com View Post
    For that size shot our plate system is one of the best options out there. As mentioned above it is best to install it with all of the needed safety features and accessories to get the most out of the kit.

The Mallory 685 is a popular option for the LTx guys as it includes timing retard and a window switch with an ignition box.

Accell has just released a new box also....$399.99

this includes:
    Ignition box
    Timing retard
    window switch
    rev limiter
    2 step
    progressive controller
    FPSS
    and a controller that can be dash mounted for easy access to change parameters

That looks nice for many of the people out there. I think I will have a MSD 7531 next year. To help remove power off of the line and control wheel spin.
    So far 10.576 @ 128.64 on a 1.563 short time. N/A.
    8.957 @ 151.60 on a 1.349 60' time
    THE FIRST 8 SECOND NITROUS POWERED LT1

I will add that the down side to the Accel unit is it will only support an amp draw of 25a.....I am trying to verify if that is correct as I am only going off there press release.
    1994 Formula, 396cid, AFR 227's, Single plane, and 2 of the big ones.
    http://ltxtech.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=241&dateline=12653889  02

N2O Breathing Demented Tuner

Status

We have been a dealer of Nitro Daves stuff for many years and alway had good luck with there stuff. Quality every time!

There Plate system has the best mix for our setups and some of the safest power out there.
    Ellis

Faster Then a LS1!