Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

how much of a shot do you think it will hold?

if i go with AFR heads and a LT4 intake how much do you think that would cost?

also i only paid 1700 + another 300 or so for shipping, so for 2000 is this a good deal? i could have had a 400-450 whp 383 built with heads from a local shop around here for 4500.

Needs Driver Mod

Status

i think its a good deal. Someone with more nitrous experience than me will chime in but i think it should take a 200 shot pretty easily, but with your combo youll be making really good NA power.
    1997 Trans am- M6- Ebay Longtubes, Summit X pipe with Magnaflows, CAI, Adj LCAs with relocation brackets, Comp engineering shocks, Competition stage 2 clutch.

any guess on NA numbers?
    i dont know if i even have the motor now, its relisted now after we had a deal

Needs Driver Mod

Status

Well over 400 is all i could say.

I hope you didnt lose it that sucks when people do that shit. I know a guy who was going to buy a car and the guy told him it was sold and a week later it was on autotrader for 2000 more dollars.
    1997 Trans am- M6- Ebay Longtubes, Summit X pipe with Magnaflows, CAI, Adj LCAs with relocation brackets, Comp engineering shocks, Competition stage 2 clutch.

Big Cube LT1 Director™

Status

Internals wise that thing should hold a 200 maybe a 250 pretty well. Id really like to see more specs on the pistons, rings, piston crown, material etc..

12.5:1 is a bit much on pump gas, you might be able to get away with it if oyu have 93.

At the cost of out of the box AFR's your better of getting your stock heads ported, but you also will get a small combustion chamber. Kinda catch 22.

You did get a deal on the short, but it just depends on how well its built. I can build you a shortblock for $200, doesnt mean its gona be quality.

Good Luck man, keep us updated.
    Building the LTgun.

we have 94 sunoco here, all i was told is that it has nitrous domes. he said they are a custom piston in a 522R JE casting. i was told that i couldnt use stock ported heads w/o race fuel

Big Cube LT1 Director™

Status

Your chambers will be small with stock heads on that setup. You could have run the same piston etc.. but you would have had to set it up for a small chamber, since its already assembled you might have to go aftermarket. I tried google'n 522R and didnt come up with anything.

Nitrous isnt just effecting your internals, your camshaft will decide how much gas you can run, big shots need a lot of exahust duration on the cam to get the gas out.

You have any pictures?
    Building the LTgun.

Big Cube LT1 Director™

Status

That car looks like a hugggge POS. Unless your making it a racecar id stay away 100%.
    Building the LTgun.

lol i sent you the wrong link. that is actually my car that im selling. i bought it without researching and was new to fbodies. i will send you the right one

Bastardized LT1 Car

Status

HEY! thats my short block lol...i had AFR210CC heads for it but sent them back to get my 9"...i bought the motor from that guy you posted the link to on CZ28.com.... lol he is a good friend of mine lives 10 minutes from me. are you still going to get it? planning a meet in the middle still? any questions you have post them up and well deciper through them with the help of others . the pistons have 522R and P on the bottom to differentiate the ones that go in the inside and outside due to the valve recesses being sized to the valves. IF you want to run stock heads you can pay a shop to tear it back down (everything is marked from the initial rebuild, and all clearences are set.) mill the pistons its not very expensive to do and worth it (they are derived off a flat top with the domes added by CNC.) hence the custom piston. they arent exactly .040 and neither is the block, and it was done this was so they could be honed .002 at a time so you could use the same block for a few seasons if you ran it hard. does it have to be rebuilt every year? no. if you run it hard and keep it full of nitrous 24/7 then lol maybe. it was built with the idea of using the same LT block every rebuild unless catastropic failure occured. rings were gapped at .022 top and i forget the last gaps but the motor was built with the intentions of using Pro topline SBC converted heads this go around the first build was using 374 castings that were hollowed out and welded up in a few spots to gain more flow, had a SBC intake with a carb. ther is NOTHING about this motor that says you havemto run a carb, thast all up to you, still has a LT chain cover you just HAVE to use 95^ optis anything else you need ?

:Jon:
    94 Z28 - Turbo LQ4 Build - T56 - Moser 9"
    06 Tundra DD - Michelin Go Fast tires
    99 WS6 T/A - 3800 Stall - 3.73 Gears
    07 Hayabusa - blacked out - brocks/hindle exhaust - sprocketed - PCIII - lowered & stretehed
    09 Yamaha R6 - Sold

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast