Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

ok thanks guys, i dont understand this stuff. the link that i posted is the block that i bought. he sold it to his friend who had it rebuilt to raise the compression and i just bought it for 1700. i would like to keep it pump gas so what should i do to it? thanks

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

Well, short of a new set of heads, I don't think it's going to be pump gas friendly. If you want to change something in the block, you'll have to tear it down and put a new set of pistons in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Stout View Post
    I would try to work my neck muscles but I'm not invited to the LS guy parties.

it doesnt have any heads or intake right now, just the block. i would prefer not to have to touch the block so any suggestions on heads and stuff?

InActive Member

Status

Its not clear what you have an what you dont...the OP has a complete setup with heads.

So you bought the shortblock from that sale ad? You got the rotating assembly as well (crank, rods, pistons)? Please describe what you have so we can help.

If the setup requires a 64cc head to get 12.1CR, you're going to have a hard time keeping it on pump gas without pulling timing to avoid detonation. The car will run fine like this but when timing is pulled...so is some of the power.

7.10ET 88mph 1/8th (old setup)

sorry for the confusion. i bought the shortblock which has everything that i posted in the first page. the link that i posted is what the previous owner was running with. he also had it converted to a carb, i want to go back to fuel injected.

InActive Member

Status

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy stanke View Post
    sorry for the confusion. i bought the shortblock which has everything that i posted in the first page. the link that i posted is what the previous owner was running with. he also had it converted to a carb, i want to go back to fuel injected.
    I see...you bought his crank and rods and used your own pistons? His shortblock had 11.1 SRPs that were .030 over (383). Your 385 has a .040 bore so you bought your own pistons. The shortblock is already built and ready to go? Just need heads and topend?

sorry i will try again, he sold the motor to his friend who had it rebuilt to a 385 and used different pistons, i guess. the list of specs. on the first page is what im getting, the link that i posted was what it used to be i guess. thanks and sorry for being so ignorant about all of this stuff

yes the block is already built and ready to go minus the topend and heads

InActive Member

Status

sorry i will try again, he sold the motor to his friend who had it rebuilt to a 385 and used different pistons, i guess. the list of specs. on the first page is what im getting, the link that i posted was what it used to be i guess. thanks and sorry for being so ignorant about all of this stuff
    yes the block is already built and ready to go minus the topend and heads
    Whew...what a long road that was.

No big deal...those pistons are made for a larger combustion chamber. You will have to have aftermarket heads no doubt. I went with AFRs for my setup and they can get the chamber just about any size you need it (up to 75cc I believe). I think most would suggest lowering the compression...for pump gas. Have a set of AFRs made with a slightly bigger chamber.

LT4 intake or single plane are going to be your intake options. Both intakes will work with aftermarket heads with some modifications. The single plane is going to cost around 1500 minimum to get it on the car, the LT4 intake would certainly be a lower cost direction....just depends on what you want to do.

Big Cube LT1 Director™

Status

Like sean said you need a bigger chamber for that setup. And I doubt thats gona hold 300hp hit for very long.
    Building the LTgun.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast