Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Default firming up shifts, whats your prefered method?

i read through a few of the threads here about firming up shifts but i'm still left with a few questions. a little info about the vehicle first. i swapped in a bone stock 95 lt1/a4 from a 9c1 caprice into a 97 chevy 2wd reg cab shortbed truck. i have not had it tuned yet, but a tune by Solomon is on the eventual/soon to-do list. its had a few WOT shakedown runs so far with decent 1-2 and 2-3 shifts for a gm rebuild with 60k. i do plan on a 4L80e upgrade, but until then, i'm looking for the most bang for the buck method to firm up the 4l60e shifts without leaving me road or track side.

are there are pros or cons to going with a shift-kit vs tune vs the 1/4 turn on the torx methods? any info would be greatly appreciated!

I believe they can do a lot with shift firmness with the tune. Just make sure you tell your tuner exactly what you want.
    94 Z28 LT1 M6 - ​SOLD

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

I was told by a tuner that they can easily firm up the shifts in a tune. If you're not happy, you can always go with a shift kit.

I noticed a difference in my shifts with my mail order tune.

1994 Trans Am Under the knife - but it's alive!!! (5.3 LM7/CPT 60e/QP 9") BUILD THREAD
    2009 G8 GXP M6, full exhaust, catch can, cai, stereo
    1975 Olds 98 455 burnout machine/panty dropper | 1985 C10 new project

thanks guys, much appreciated. i've put another 30 or so miles on the truck and its shifting better. it had been sitting for almost 2 years, and it seems worthy of some beatings. a new tune is now at the top of the to do list.