Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Pr0jekt Turb0?

Status
    Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    1993 Camaro Z28

Default Limits of a single pump

So when I figure out my fueling situation I need to know if i NEED to go to dual pumps or not

What is the largest (highest) flowing single pump I can fit comfortably in our tank and the limits of it?

This will be for a turbo 355 74mm turbo ranging from 5-15psi.. I don't expect to make anymore than 650whp more realistically 600whp
    -Ryan
    93 Z28 M28

Mod List

InActive Member

Status

I believe the walbros are rated at 550hp...not sure if thats rwhp or flywheel. Either way you'll probably benefit from duel pumps. I will be adding another pump to my tank a little later this year.

There is a great write up on LS1tech that mightymouse did.

Are you thinking about putting it together yourself or buying a Nasty setup?

7.10ET 88mph 1/8th (old setup)

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by Z28pr0jekt View Post
    So when I figure out my fueling situation I need to know if i NEED to go to dual pumps or not

What is the largest (highest) flowing single pump I can fit comfortably in our tank and the limits of it?

This will be for a turbo 355 74mm turbo ranging from 5-15psi.. I don't expect to make anymore than 650whp more realistically 600whp
    Just an FYI, but the Corvette Guys are making in the 650-700 range on a single and 60# injectors with a Whalbro 255LPH and a Boost-a-pump. Granted, that's at 58 PSI though. On our 43.5 PSI system, I don't think I'd try to push it past about 550 or so, even with a BaP.

Here's a read for you though, food for thought if you can find one: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...em+fuel+return
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Stout View Post
    I would try to work my neck muscles but I'm not invited to the LS guy parties.

Pr0jekt Turb0?

Status
    Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    1993 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Stroked96Bowtie View Post
    I believe the walbros are rated at 550hp...not sure if thats rwhp or flywheel. Either way you'll probably benefit from duel pumps. I will be adding another pump to my tank a little later this year.

There is a great write up on LS1tech that mightymouse did.

Are you thinking about putting it together yourself or buying a Nasty setup?
    I don't see that NASTY makes a kit for the LTx's.. If I can find a kit for a good price i'll get it, if not then it will be done by hand

Quote Originally Posted by Fastbird View Post
    Just an FYI, but the Corvette Guys are making in the 650-700 range on a single and 60# injectors with a Whalbro 255LPH and a Boost-a-pump. Granted, that's at 58 PSI though. On our 43.5 PSI system, I don't think I'd try to push it past about 550 or so, even with a BaP.

Here's a read for you though, food for thought if you can find one: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...em+fuel+return
    wow that's crazy... how much work would it take to fit one of those pumps correctly in an fbody
    -Ryan
    93 Z28 M28

Mod List

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

I don't see that NASTY makes a kit for the LTx's.. If I can find a kit for a good price i'll get it, if not then it will be done by hand
    Nasty does. I was talking with him about it but didn't like how pricey he was. $225 for welded rails alone wasn't very attractive to me, hence my rails which I have nowhere NEAR that in.

wow that's crazy... how much work would it take to fit one of those pumps correctly in an fbody
    If you take the factory bucket out of the equation (I.E. delete it), it would be like wiring any other pump in.

Pr0jekt Turb0?

Status
    Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    1993 Camaro Z28

So I would probably need either two supra pumps or one of those modded pumps?
    -Ryan
    93 Z28 M28

Mod List

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

So I would probably need either two supra pumps or one of those modded pumps?
    It would be interesting to see how one of those modded pumps worked out. Frankly though, do yourself a favor and just build the double pumper. I did Call911's and it was very easy. This way you'll be safe and sound without worrying about fuel.

A fuel system is never anything I look to put together "cheaply".

For a single pump setup to support high HP levels I would look into converting to an Aeromotive A1000. A little more pricey but would easily support your power goals now and in the future.
    1994 Formula, 396cid, AFR 227's, Single plane, and 2 of the big ones.
    http://ltxtech.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=241&dateline=12653889  02

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by Ray@NitroDaves.com View Post
    A fuel system is never anything I look to put together "cheaply".

For a single pump setup to support high HP levels I would look into converting to an Aeromotive A1000. A little more pricey but would easily support your power goals now and in the future.

Since that's an external, would he be looking at baffling the tank and a complete -an setup at that point also though? I'm not questioning the A1000, at all, but moreso the cost involved. You can do the same as the A1000 for 85% of the higher HP cars out there with the twins in-tank.

Pr0jekt Turb0?

Status
    Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    1993 Camaro Z28

I'm not trying to be cheap or anything but my funds are limited... this is not an all out bad ass build as it will still have stock heads and intake...

This is going to be a DD as it always has been and will regularly see trips from NY-FL and and back

I know that I will not have the money for a full conversion like that and I wont have the time either.

What is a basic double pumper setup to handle say.. 750whp to give myself some room. What all will need to be done?
    -Ryan
    93 Z28 M28

Mod List

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast