Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: debating boost.

LTX Member

Status
    Vehicle
    1997 Camaro SS

deff lower your compression before you boost it.

-Eric
    1997 Camaro SS # 2703 - Full exhaust, brand new suspension, bolt-ons, etc.
    2004 Silverado
    Z71 - Airraid, Corvette Servo, 33" AT's, leveled, etc.

My question would be bwhat is inside the motor as far as parts? is it a stocker with some higher compression pistons? or is it a forged crank/rods/pistons?

if the latter, you can always swap pistons to a dished piston unless you went 6" rod and a stroker crank. give some more information.

if it were me though I think I would look into RealQuick turbo setup... if you think you like riding in a blown V8, you should definately yank a ride in a turboed car.. I own both and to my personal taste there is no comparison. my blower car makes 511rwhp with a P1SC on a 9.8scr budget 355ci LT1. nothing too fancy about it stock ported heads with a baby 219/219 .525 .525 112 cam.. not ideal but it does ok for 10psi.

turbos are the new hotness..lol

Chris

motor has SCAT rods and SpeedPro pistons, the rods are forged I believe but the pistons are hyperutectic. I bought the block used from a friend with low miles. They are flat top pistons.

I think I've decided to spray the car for now while I try to decide whether to go route A or route B.

Route A:
    Forged 383ci
    P/P heads
    custom cam
    low compression for boost
    1.) Eaton (like Alvins OLD setup)
    2.) centrifugal S/C setup

Route B:
    LS1
    heads/cam
    eventually maggie/kenne bell
    the DD - 1993 Acura Legend
    the toy - 1995 Pontiac Firebird - 422hp 396tq

InActive Member

Status

or you could buy my complete blower setup for $3k! lol, honestly im a turbo guy, but this car is way too much fun with the blower
    94 T/A- forged 355 LT1, bone stock heads, Vortech YSi w/10-rib, FMIC, T56, 9"
    http://s214.photobucket.com/albums/cc192/Grrh77/

without forged pistons, dont even think about it.

im running hyp. pistons at the stock 10.5 comp ratio and im waiting for a piston to break. then im gonna go to 9.0 with forged pistons then turn the boost up (if i dont do the rebuild before).

at 5psi im still hangin tough....
    1996 Z28SS M6 (#1230) with Vortech V-2SQ Supercharger w/Aftercooler, Hot Cam w/1.6RR, AFR "Hydra-Rev" Kit, PCM program by Ion @ "MadZ28.com", Z06 Front Brakes, Hurst shifter, 315/35-17 MT ET Radials, Eibachs, torsen 3.42s, etc etc

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12