View RSS Feed

The Cell

To keep or not to keep...

Rate this Entry
So I have recently come to a MAJOR crossroads with my car. I love my SS to death, however I feel like it's time for me to move on. In a perfect world I could go buy a new car and keep the SS as a toy. I just don't have the space for it, and I really need the money from it being sold for a down payment on a new car. I almost kind of want to get rid of it. I've spent so much money on it, that I kinda just want to close that chapter and be away from it. It's a great fun car for sure, but I want something more modern. It's a 97 for crying out loud!

I'm currently torn between the new 2011 Jeep grand Cherokee's and the 2011 Camaro SS. I really want the Camaro, for obvious reasons. But I can't help but want the Jeep as well. The interior is one of the biggest aspects of the new car game for me right now. I really want something comfortable and modern. I want a touch screen radio, I want dual zone climate. The Jeep is 4 wheel drive, and has great seating and cargo room. The camaro would pretty much just be an updated version of what I already have. Which is why I'm really on the fence here. If I drop my car, I want to replace it with something of equal value and fun. Don't get me wrong the Jeep is equal value, but I'd basically get the entry level grand cherokee. But If I go with the Camaro it would be fully loaded for the same price.

So what does a guy do? I'm positive I'm going to sell my car. But where do I go from there? I don't want to go another ten years with a stiff ride, 2 seater. (Let's be real folks, the camaro is 4 seats, but nobody goes on a roadtrip in the back of one of those!) I want to be able to drive in the winter climate, comfortably and without much worry. I can't go a block in my car in the snow. I want to be able to go on a roadtrip, comfortably and not have to stop every 20 miles for gas.

Sigh. What to do.

Submit "To keep or not to keep..." to Digg Submit "To keep or not to keep..." to del.icio.us Submit "To keep or not to keep..." to StumbleUpon Submit "To keep or not to keep..." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I'd say get the SS but I'm gonna go wayyyyyy against the grain and say get the new 5.0. It's a beast and in the 11s with basic boltons and tires... in the 10s with that and nitrous.

Never been a ford fan but in the new muscle cars starting in '11 the 5.0 is a monster
    Friend of mine has an 05 Grand Cherokee with the Hemi that he brings to me for all the work he needs done. Its a nice truck, very comfortable to drive and has some nuts.

Me personally, Id keep the SS but thats because Im just a raging muscle car fanatic

If you need something you can pile people into and get around in the snow, grab that Jeep. If you dont mind having the same problems in the winter/no space then grab up the new Mustang/Camaro. I agree with Z28 too, not a huge Ford guy myself BUT those new 5.0s are beast.
    just make sure your 100% ready when u sell the SS. its so hard to find a clean lt1 now a days. i searched 6 months then had to fly and drive it back 1300 miles. imo you will get bored with the jeep. its hard to go from the feeling the amount of tq u have now to something like that.
    My car goes through the snow awesome! Lol :P You could always do EFI 24x or an LS1 swap on your car to help it get better gas mileage.

Like BIGT94z said be sure you're ready to sell it. You don't know what you have til it's gone. Oh, and a 97 isn't that old. You can take any car and update pretty much everything to modernize it (Seats, HVAC, Brakes, Suspension, Interior, Etc) You just have to get creative sometimes.

Honestly, I'll probably keep my car until I die, and I'll just upgrade everything as I go. Yes, that will take money but I don't have a car payment for it, and instead of dropping 30k on a new car I'll just spend 5k on my car and make it Faster, Nicer, and More Unique.
    My biggest thing is that I'm just ready to step into something new. I've done everything I wanted to my car and I'm content with that. I just want something I can drive to Florida if I wanted. Who knows anymore. lol.
    have you thought about maybe a 2010 camaro ss trade in? Ive seen those goin for 29k asking price at dealers with like 6k miles on em. I do agree with you on the road trip thing it would be nice to have a car that you could drive cross country if you felt like it. Its kinda sad I drove a 1996 toyota camry to the 2010 ltx shootout that has twice as many miles as my formula and it was only a 3 or 4 hour drive.
    How many people do you know that that have said "I used to have a (insert type of car here) and I sold(or wreck it) it. I wish I still had it." My two cents is keep it and maybe find something a little older/cheaper for a DD or road tripper. Lots of good used cars/trucks out there. Look around find on that has everything you want.