View RSS Feed

Church of the Machine

Re-upgrading to Windows 7

Rate this Entry
[CENTER][ATTACH=CONFIG]2565[/ATTACH]
[/CENTER]

When Microsoft announced the free beta program for Windows 7, SoulReaver and I were quick to jump in and mess with the new OS. after being with the beta since the launch, the time has finally come where Windows will stop working for free in 10 days. I was fortunate enough to get two upgrade discs from my mother in law who has a university connection. Soul, on the other hand, not so much. At any rate, the discs arrived today and I have to being the arduous task of backing everything up and then re-installing windows. In theory, I could put in a new product key and just continue on with the beta, but the beta had an astounding number of bug fixes from the point of my installation to the release of the new OS.

Windows 7 has definitely been an amazing OS so far. I supported Vista, I didn't have the crazy errors other users were having. I actually thought it was a decent release, although it should have probably been a service pack in hindsight. Windows 7 is faster in every aspect and to this day, even on the betas, I have yet to have a random restart or some weird error screen. Now with the launch of Windows Phone 7 Series, I am starting to get excited at what Microsoft is doing. Let's face it, they have tons and tons and tons of money and for some reason they just kept putting out shit after shit release. It seems like they finally decided that releasing mundane products is putting them behind in the race. I'm glad the giant woke up, especially with Google becoming self-aware lately.

These next few years are going to be exciting if you are a tech junky. For now though, I have a fight ahead of me with this re-installation of Windows 7.
Attached Thumbnails Attached Images  

Submit "Re-upgrading to Windows 7" to Digg Submit "Re-upgrading to Windows 7" to del.icio.us Submit "Re-upgrading to Windows 7" to StumbleUpon Submit "Re-upgrading to Windows 7" to Google

Comments